Take My Soul and Make It Undone (One-Shot #29)

The reader is a Metamorphmagus and Hermione doesn't like her because she thinks the reader is lazy and irresponsible because she only ever sees the reader playing Quidditch or sleeping but later finds out from Dumbledore that at night the reader helps the Professors,Filch, and Hagrid around the castle voluntarily?

  °º¤øº°°°º¤øº¤øº°°°º¤øº°  

You sat with Harry, Ron, Fred, George, Ginny, and Hermione while you all ate. You were messing around with your Metamorphmagus powers, having a laugh. Fred and George laughed heartily as your nose turned into one of a dog. You smiled goofily at them and tilted your head to the side to add onto the affect.

Ginny, who was sitting across from you, giggled, "You look like a puppy,"

You nodded in response and let out a small, "Woof" while winking at her.

Harry and Ron kept yelling out random animal names that you could change some part of your body to match. Hermione rolled her eyes, thinking it was cool, but not that cool.

Once you all finished eating Fred said to you, "Hey Y/n, wanna go play a prank on Draco? I heard he really doesn't like getting his broom dirty."

Your eyes lighted up at the idea to sabotage Malfoy. Quidditch was a huge part of your life and you would do anything to get the upper hand while having a little bit of fun.

You sprung up from your seat and nodded quickly, "Yeah! I'll do anything to mess up Malfoy's game."

Fred and George laughed at you and ran out of the hall, all of you leaving your trash on the table. Hermione groaned internally and rolled her eyes again at your antics. She'd known you since the first day at Hogwarts. Your antics have always been the same. Eat, Sleep, Quidditch, and make a mess was your usual routine. Hermione thought half the time you were just god damn lazy. The only thing Hermione saw you not be lazy at was Quidditch. She's never seen such a focused and determined before, and she's gone to the Quidditch cup. Hermione couldn't deny how her heart sped up when you talked to her, but her annoyance for your habits quickly took over.

°º¤øº°°°º¤øº¤øº°°°º¤øº° 

Hermione walked into the Common Room with a smile on her face, seeing as she just came from the library. However, when she saw you laying on the couch sleeping with all your Quidditch gear on, she grumbled a bit under her breath. She walked over to you and set her books down, looking down at you with her eyebrows raised.

She stuck her hand out and shook your leg, feeling the muscles move beneath her palm. You sprung up and looked dazed for a second before your eyes landed on Hermione. A tired but excited smile came upon your face and your eyes brightened.

"'Mione! You should've seen how good I did in practice. I'm going to kick Slytherin's ass next week!"

You sounded so excited and Hermione managed to let out a small smile, "I'm sure you will Y/n. I woke you up because you fell asleep on the couch again."

You smiled goofily at her and stood up, "Sorry girlie," you said as you slapped her back playfully.

Hermione felt faint sparks in her shoulder where you touched her, but she tried to ignore it as you trotted up the stairs.

She let out a sigh as you shut the door to your dormitory.

°º¤øº°°°º¤øº¤øº°°°º¤øº° 

Over the weeks this continued. You would do something Hermione would consider irresponsible or lazy and she would get annoyed. Someone rather odd noticed Hermione's continued annoyance with you. It was sweet and gentle, Dumbledore. He noticed during dinner or breakfast that Hermione would often get annoyed at you. However, he had some information that he thought would change Hermione's perspective of you.

One day, a little bit after lunch, Dumbledore called Hermione into his beautiful office. As she came in, Dumbledore smiled at her kindly. She sat down and was confused as to why Dumbledore called her over.

"Can I help you, Professor?" Hermione asked with her brows furrowed.

"Ah, Hermione. What a pleasure it is for you to join me this fine afternoon. Care to tell me how your day was?" He asked as he gathered up some tea.

He handed her a cup and Hermione took a sip, "My day was fine Professor. How was yours?"

He smiled politely at her and set his tea down, "My day was fine, dear. However that is not the point of your visit. I've wanted to tell you something for a few days now."

Hermione tilted her head at him, "What is it?"

"You are aware of a certain Ms. Y/n. Am I correct in saying so?"

Hermione nodded, confused as to where this conversation was going.

Dumbledore smiled at her, "She gets quite on your nerves sometimes, doesn't she?"

Hermione cheeks flared red, realizing she might have not been as quiet about her annoyance as she thought.

"At times, yes sir." She mumbled out, scratching the back of her neck.

Dumbledore noticed her red cheeks and said, "No need to be ashamed dear. But I wanted to tell you that that girl might be more productive than the eye can see."

Hermione's eyebrows furrowed, "What do you mean?"

Dumbledore let out a bright smile, "My dear, did you know that Y/n has been a great help to everyone within the castle?"

Again Hermione asked, "What do you mean?"

"Y/n volitarily helps around the castle, which was a great surprise to the staff. She even helps Mr. Filch. Outside the castle as well. Hagrid has had some good words about her helping him with the nifflers."

Hermione stared at him in shock and Dumbledore's eyes twinkled, "Wow. I really misjudged her."

Dumbledore winked at her, "Something like that,"

She might not be so bad after all...

°º¤øº°°°º¤øº¤øº°°°º¤øº° 

Burgendy_wolflegend