Ridding The Anathema (One-Shot #32)

The reader is a demi-god who is requested by Dumbledore to take care of a creature problem.

°º¤øº°°°º¤øº¤øº°°°º¤øº° 

Your day had been completely ruined when your father, Zeus, called you to his quarters. Before he did, you were having quite a nice day. The sun was shining and the weather was nice. When he called you in, he explained that someone needed help. You thought that he meant someone at the stables was having a hard time with a horse or that someone lost something and needed help finding it. However, you did not expect him to tell you that some headmaster of a wizard needed help with a creature. You were not happy of this request, as you were planning to do much more important things.

There went my three hour nap...

"Tell me again, father. Why do I have to go help those silly mortals?" you groaned as you stroked the strong material of your spear. The spear was a gift from your father himself, claiming you needed a way to protect yourself and others.

"Hush, child. The ones you will be helping are not silly, they just got put in an unfortunate situation with a creature," Zeus chided at you.

You groaned and let your spear rest carefully on the floor, " Can't I just stay here and help with the village? Can Hades help them?"

Zeus shook his head from where he was sitting, "You know he won't leave the Underworld for something like this. He'll only come out if he's really needed," he looked up at you and narrowed his eyes, "And since I'm busy here, you're going to do it."

"The Headmaster said it was a Chimera. Nasty thing but I know you can handle it," Zeus stated.

You let out another groan but Zeus only scolded you again, "No more groans, get to it. And don't come back until that creature is handled."

°º¤øº°°°º¤øº¤øº°°°º¤øº° 

You hastily walked towards the giant castle, your spear ready at your side. You saw many -what you would think are students- gathering in one part of the courtyard in front of the castle. There was a giant bearded man leading them. You saw them all staring at you with wonder, some even gawking at your spear. You ignored them as a old and bearded man approached. You assumed that he was the 'Headmaster'.

He quickly rushed over to you, "Thank you so much for coming, dear. My name is Albus Dumbledore."

You nodded and went to introduce yourself but he quickly shushed you, "There is no time for more introductions. I assume you know the reason why you are here?"

You nodded as he lead you to a part of the campus where there was a forest, "A Chimera. If you don't mind me asking, how did it get here?"

Albus let out a big sigh, "A student brought it in claiming it was a hurt and sweet little dog, only for it to turn into a beast."

You let out a small chuckle as he brought you to a stop in front of a patch in the forest that looked like it fell victim to a stampede, "That sounds like a Chimera,"

The Headmaster nodded, "It ran in here. I'm not sure if it ran away or if it's still here. I'm not an expert on this kind of creature."