Scars (One-Shot #26)

The reader is abused by their father over break. Hermione finds out and is heartbroken. Mentions of abuse.

  °º¤øº°°°º¤øº¤øº°°°º¤øº° 

"A fucking mistake!"

SLAP!

"You! Are! A! Fucking! MISTAKE!"

Each word was followed by the sharp sound of leather hitting skin.

Sobs broke through in the room, which was then followed by screaming.

"I'm sorry dad! It won't happen again! I promise!"

Your voice was desperate, pleading for the man above you to stop. You tried to stand up from the blood colored floor but were kicked down. A scream tore from your lips as tears flowed like a river out of your eyes.

"If I find out that you were in the forbidden forest one more time, I'll make sure you won't be able to walk! You hear me, girl?"

Air was getting harder to breathe in. You felt like your entire body was collapsing. You felt as if the skin on your back was being peeled of slowly. Blood ran down your sides and your vison faded.

"Yes, dad.."

You heard a single slap and felt a jolt of pain in your back before the world went black.

  °º¤øº°°°º¤øº¤øº°°°º¤øº° 

You were practicing spells outside of Hagrid's hut. You were on the edge of the Forbidden forest, not going inside. As you looked through the mysterious trees you felt the scars on your back burn, as if they were still fresh. Your spell died out and you clutched your wand tightly in your hands. You were so distracted by the forest that you didn't notice Hermione coming up behind you. She was on her way to Hagrid's hut when she noticed you standing there, gazing out into the forest. She always thought you had some fascination with it. She knew that you've gone in there a few times and she remembers a specific time you came back from Hogwarts expertly avoiding the place. She waltzed on over to you and she could here you labored breathing as she got closer. You were still reliving the reason for the scars on your back. You felt arms wrap around your front, and you gasped. Not because of fear, but because of the pressure being put on your scars.

"Hi.." Hermione said carefully, sensing something off about your attitude.

"Hey, Hermione," you said with a edge of pain to your voice.

She wrapped her arms around you tighter in hopes of comforting you and you let out a small squeak, so small she almost didn't hear it. The tightness of her arms around you caused the skin on your back to expand, testing the strengths of some of the newer slashes.

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows with concern, "What's wrong, Y/N?"

You sucked in a breath and said the first thing that came to mind, "It' s just really cold out."

This made Hermione even more worried for you. It had been nice all day with just a slight breeze. She unwrapped one arm from around you and placed her hands between your shoulder blades. You flinched from the contact and Hermione was suddenly determined to get your school shirt.

Hermione turned you around swiftly and looked at you sternly, "What's under your shirt?"

You looked at her with wide eyes and panicked while trying to look nonchalant, "There's nothing underneath my shirt."

Hermione looked at you with hard eyes and you had a hard time meeting them, "Don't lie to me, Y/N. Take off your shirt."

She quickly recognized the frightened look on your face and her eyes softened. She enveloped you very carefully in a hug and reached down to hold your hand.

"Can I please take off your shirt?"

You gave into her and nodded slightly, tears starting to form in your eyes. She slowly turned you around and gently took off your shirt, not wanting to hurt you in any way. When she saw the torn and scarred skin of your back she gasped and an overwhelming feeling of anger came upon her. Her breaths became labored and tears fell from her eyes. You sat the feeling shameful for her having to see you like this.

"Merlin....who....who did this?"

You shook your head, not wanting to recall the gruesome moments.

"Y/n, who did this to you?!"

She was frantic and anger was present in her tone.

"My...dad.." You whispered out.

You felt sick, like you just unveiled the most important secret in history. The tears finally fell from your eyes and you tried to cover yourself back up. Hermione stopped you and brought you back into her chest.

"That sick fucker. I'll kill that son of a bitch.Don't you worry, baby."

  °º¤øº°°°º¤øº¤øº°°°º¤øº°