Surprise? (One-Shot #28)

Y/n lazily sat underneath an oak tree set before Black Lake. The setting was tranquil with birds lightly chirping in the distance. Y/n had been sitting out in the clearing for about an hour, relaxing. This was often the place where Y/n found peace. That was something her friends found out about her very quick. And with OWLS just around the corner, Y/n was bound to find her way under the tree. Y/n's peace was broken by loud footsteps and heavy breathing sounding from behind her.

"Y/n!"

Y/n turned around sharply and she saw Ron running towards her with blazing speed. The red-haired boy skidded to a stop in front of Y/n and Y/n stood up to be level with him.

"Yes, Ronald?" Y/n said, her eyebrows raised in question.

Ron gave Y/n a small glare and tried to slow his breathing, "It's Ron,"

Y/n rolled her eyes and gazed back at the lake, "Why did you run all this way to bother me?"

Y/n could hear Ron let out a small scoff, "It's Hermione. She told me she needed you. Urgently, might I add."

Y/n's head whipped back to Ron's at the mention of her girlfriend.

"Is she okay? Is she hurt? What happened?" Y/n sputtered out urgently, worry starting to fill her features.

Ron started to laugh at the panic in her voice but Y/n smacked his shoulder.

"Ow! She's fine as far as I know. She just wants to talk to you."

Y/n quickly started towards the castle, leaving Ron alone at the lake.

---

Y/n burst through the castle door, her mind on a mission. She didn't know exactly where Hermione was at the moment, though that was probably her fault. She headed towards the dining hall, figuring she'd have to start somewhere. When she got there, there weren't many people. Only a few stragglers from after lunch. A quick scan was all that was needed to notice Hermione was not there. Knowing Hermione loved to read, Y/n moved towards the library next. After running up an ungodly amount of stairs and getting past a particularly talkative portrait, she entered the library. She combed over the library only to come up empty handed once again. Y/n groaned as she exited the library and decided to check the Gryffindor Common Room. She trudged up the stairs. After a few flights of stairs she stood face to face with the Fat Lady.

"Password, my dear?" She asked with an angelic tone.

Y/n looked at her impatiently, "Passionfruit."

The Fat Lady smiled at her and Y/n practically ran into the Common Room. When she didn't see Hermione in the main area, she raced up the stairs and bounded into the girl's dormitory.

When the door flung open, Y/n was able to spot Hermione sitting on her bed with her hands on her lap.

Hermione looked up when the door was shot open and smiled at Y/n's appearance. It quickly turned into a laugh when she saw how frazzled she looked.

Y/n looked at her with her eyebrows furrowed, "What? What's so funny?"

The fact that she looked slightly offended made Hermione laugh even harder. Y/n walked over to the bed with quick feet and scooped Hermione into her arms. She pinned Hermione down to the bed and started tickling her. Hermione's infectious laugh burst from her mouth and Y/n smiled at her girl.

"What's so funny Hermione? Huh? What's so funny?" Y/n laughed out and pinned a squirming Hermione to the bed with her hips.

"Stop!" Hermione squealed and smacked Y/n's shoulder, her eyes crinkling with joy.