~Chapter 22~

~Lucy's Pov~ 

There was a small ball party thing going on for my mother to say sorry to to the other races that Jiemma had rule over. I was looking at myself in the mirror. "This ain't me" I whispered looking at myself dressed up. (In Media) I took a deep breath as I was being made to sing in the ball. One thing I could do right in this Princess life. Irene used to give me singing lessons and with her being a Dragon she made sure I got it perfect each time. It was strict training but pulled off. I used to sing at Zeref's parties and balls all the time.

"Baka" I heard Aquarius behind me as I turned around to see her sitting on my chair looking toward me with a smile. "How can I adjust to this?" I asked as she offered me her hands. Her urn floating behind her. I walked over taking her hands as she was always a mother to me. I didn't know my mother now or back then. A mother figure....I had Aquarius. "You just do, it will be hard but you will learn this was what you was meant to be like in the first place. The daughter of Layla Heartfilla the heir to the throne Anna made" Aquarius then spoke.

She knew me too well. I couldn't help but smile as she was in a good mood today. "I will be listening to your voice the only good thing you have after all" Aquarius spoke as I laughed smiling brightly as she was insulting me slightly. She knew she was and was in shock with my response. "Hai, I will do my best" I spoke as she vanished the ball starting. I started walking as Loke showed up next to me offering his arm. He was wearing his normal suit. "Everyone Princess needs a escort" he spoke as I took his arm.

"Thank you for being with me through all this" I whispered as Loke kissed my forehead. "I wouldn't miss any adventure in the world" he replied as we headed to the ball room my name being announced as we got into the room many people looking at smiling my way. "I hate this" I whispered as Loke laughed as we walked down some stairs to see my mother waiting at the bottom. My grip on Loke's arm tighten as he soon put his other hand over mine. "Just remember your lessons" Loke whispered as I nodded.

Once at the bottom of the stairs my mother nearly shouted that I would be singing a song for everyone. Many were excited as I saw many Fairy Tail members in this room. I was excited to see them all once more but I was in pain knowing they didn't remember a thing. Loke took me to the stage as I got on as the piano soon started playing as I took a deep breath before singing.

Once finished everyone was clapping as I was taking a deep breath Loke helping me off the stage. "I will burn these heels" I whispered quietly as Loke laughed wishing me luck with that. That night I talked to people here and there. People who once knew me. People who once called me family. They couldn't remember. I stopped war and death to so many but yet I hated my choice. My heart was broken inside. "May I steal the Princess off you, Leo" I heard Natsu behind me as Loke and I turned around.

Natsu was wearing a black suit with a red top under his suit jacket. "I won't be far" Loke whispered to me walking to a small group of girls. That flirt. Natsu offered me his hand as I took it him leading me to the corner as people danced in the room. "Lucy I need to tell you something" he spoke smiling at me as his eyes looked the same as they used to. Filled with care, worry and love. "Yes?" I asked confused as he kissed my forehead. "I remember everything" he whispered as my eyes widen.

My face burning up fast. "Y-you remember?" I asked in shock stuttering from it. Natsu was holding my hands tight nodding. "Zeref found a way for me, him Irene and August to remember" Natsu explained as I hugged him. My eyes watering. "You really remember?" I asked unable to believe my ears. "I remember everything, you being locked away, how I ran us to Fairy Tail, how you vanished in my arms" Natsu spoke as he hugged me tight. I was smiling brightly. "I thought none of you would remember again" I spoke pulling away from the hug wiping my eyes.

"I won't leave your side Lucy, you are stuck with me as your guard after all" Natsu spoke the same words he always did when I thought he would leave me. My face burnt up as my mother was next to us faking a cough. My face went a darker red as Natsu was now blushing. We turned our heads to see my mother and Zeref. "Seems you will not be suffering Lucy" my mother spoke as I smiled. "I am truly sorry for what I did to you Lucy, I used you to gain power before" Zeref spoke as I shook my head.

"In end you took me in, you saved me from dying, you raised me as family. I could of said no to the weapon thing but I wanted to help you" I spoke putting a hand on my heart as Zeref smiled toward me as the rest of that day into night Natsu and I laughed and smiled staying together at the party. It got many whispers to start as I found out Natsu was still in Fairy Tail and was going to tell them everything. He knew I wanted them back in my life and promised to do so. I smiled and was so happy but I was unknown to what was to come.

How easy my happiness would be taken away from me.