04 | T R A I N

•••
I know a thing or two about
                          pain & darkness.
•••

   Days at Grimmauld Place passed by in breathtaking speed. Lynnea was pretty happy about that. There was so much to do in this old house, so she barely found time to think about what had happened to her mother and father. She wasn't ready to break her head over the question who would murder such kind and loving people in their sleep, even though the answer was kind of obvious. Marguerite was an Auror. The petite blonde woman was busy hunting down all kind of evil wizards, witches and sometimes creatures, she had a lot of enemies, and not few of them were of course Death Eaters. Since Voldemort had returned, Lynnea's mother had become even more careful, sometimes even a bit paranoid, as if she'd already known what was coming at her.

   So, on the other hand Lynnea was also sad she had to leave this place here. Mrs. Weasley treated her like one of her own children, and Lynnea really loved her meals. Also she grew pretty close to Harry, Ron and Hermione, but especially Ginny became a real good friend of Lynn. It was pretty funny for her spending time with Remus and Sirius either, it didn't take much time for her to like them both dearly.

   And then there were Fred and George. As she had already predicted they were awfully annoying. Apparating in Lynn's room at any given night or day time, playing pranks at her, and on top of it all Fred, who teased her passionately, causing her face to turn into a fire red Quaffle over and over again. He seemed to have the fun of his life by doing so, while Lynnea got really frustrated. The thought of having to spent the whole year at Hogwarts with the two of them made the fact that the hat had sorted her to Slytherin just half as bad.

   But the closer the journey to Hogwarts came, the stranger got the twins behaviour. George became strangely quiet in Lynnea's nearness, he refused to look at her and barely spoke but when he did he was overly polite, while Fred made it his task to play her as much pranks as possible before they'd got to Hogwarts and would barely see each other. Lynn could hardly wait for it.

   So the last evening at Grimmauld Place had arrived. Lynnea sat down with the others in the kitchen. Even Moody and Tonks had joined them, as Mrs Weasley had planned a little party for Ron and Hermione who got chosen as prefects. Everyone was in a great mood; well, everyone but Harry, who silently sat between his two best friends and had the most horrible false smile on his lips Lynnea had ever seen, and a couple of minutes after Mrs Weasley left the kitchen to fight a Boggart in the saloon, Harry walked away, too, closing the door behind him without anyone noticing.

   Lynnea hesitated for a moment, but then got up, too. As everyone was obviously too busy to even got aware of the boy's absence, she decided to see if everything's okay with him, but when she reached the door a hand was laid on her shoulder. Sirius, Remus and Moody had followed her.

   "You better stay here", Sirius said, winking at her.

   "What - why?", Lynnea asked, looking at him confused.

   "Trust me", he replied and followed Remus and Moody, so the door fell into its lock.

    Well, it was not like she didn't trust him, but curiosity won the fight inside her and she followed the three men. When she walked up the stairs, she could hear Mrs Weasley crying, while Remus was comforting her. She sneaked around the corner and for a brief moment her heart stopped beating.

   On the floor was lying no one else than Harry Potter, his obstacles dangling from his nose, eyes wide open, a small stream of blood dripping from his ear.

   Lynnea stumbled back against the wall. Remus waved is wand and with a bang Harry was gone. Instinctively she let a out a high-pitched shriek. What the hell was was going on here? All heads snapped around facing Lynnea, who felt awfully dizzy and started shaking from head to toe.