Killer Heels

Keva POV

" what do you mean, I'm under investigation?" I smiled cheekily. The man in front of me straightened his tie and cleared his throat.

" Well as I've just informed you, a large sum of money was recently stolen from a near by bank. And your current transactions show that you've just deposited a hefty sum." I nodded and twirled around in my office chair.

From my top floor you could see the whole view of Chicago and even further out from the city limits.

" I'm a Business women, as you should know." I crossed my ankles and admired my freshly painted red toes.

" But I'm also not one to be challenged Mr.-" I raised my brow for him to finish my sentence.

"Bench." I nodded.

" Mr. Bench, I make quadruple your salary in one day. What gives you the right to come into my building, and accuse me of such false accusations?" I grinned.

He shuffled his feet and walked over to the large glass window that took over all four walls.

" We have footage, Mrs. Zephyrus." I clicked my tongue and stood from my chair.

"Well since you have footage to arrest me I'm assuming you have a group of men awaiting down stairs?"  I walked over to the small bar to the right of my desk and poured a glass of whisky.

" Eventually." He stated. I nodded and walked over to the window standing next to his tall silhouette.

" Well I guess that Is all you have to say, so I would highly appreciate it if you'd leave." I smiled.his jaw ticked and he stared down at me.

" And if I don't?" He challenged. I grinned

" If you don't then you'll find yourself accidentally falling out of my fifty floored glass building, and I'm sorry to say but even Batman himself would' live from a fall like that." I placed my glass on my desk and walked to the door.

"It was nice meeting you Mr. Bench" I held out my hand.

He walked over to the door and furrowed his brows.

" I wish I could say the same" and with that he made his exit and left my office.

I waited for the tick of the elevator to go off and slowly made my way over to my desk and indulged in a little bit of peace and quiet. Slowly going over all the recent events that have happened to me in the most recent year.

It's been five months..
Three days..
Twenty seven hours..
Two minutes..
And exactly eight seconds...

The amount of time that I have internally suffered from the loss of my child and mate.

How was I suppose to go back and face my kingdom and reign over all wolves if I couldn't protect my child? Then I left my mate who needed me the most, more now then ever.

I chugged the last bit of tequila in my bottle and grabbed my trench coat and suitcase, and decided to head to the headquarters.

By now it was two thirty and the building was dark except for the city lights shining in from the outside. As the elevator reached the last floor I stepped foot out of the elevator and rummaged around my bag for my phone.

" now I know it's in here somewhere." I groaned. Knocking stuff out of my bag and onto the floor.

" Looking for something?" A voice called.

I looked up and found Devon smirking like a Cheshire Cat.

" Well Well welll.. look what the rats dragged in." I grunted picking my stuff up off the floor. I heard shuffling to my right and quickly transported across the room.