6:00A.M. I woke up and rubbed my eye’s and yawned. I got out of bed and slightly opened one of my curtains. It was bright. Too bright. I walked over to the bathroom and done my usual routine. Brush my teeth, wash my face, do my hair… I walked over to my room and was plainly, emotionless staring at my closet full of clothes. I grabbed some dark green skinny jeans and a white sleevless top that buttoned up at the front and flowed. I wore light brown shoes and my hair was left down. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs and ate breakfast. It was know 7:15A.M. I like being early. I ate cereal. The usual. At 8:00A.M I left the house. I yelled in the house and said.

“Bye mum, bye dad!” I heard footsteps, slowly getting closer. It was my dad.

“Don’t you want a lift?”

“Nah, I’m okay. Thanks though.”

“Okay. How about after school? I can bring you and your friends, or would you rather walk?”

“Um… Walk.”

“Okay sweetie. Have a nice day!”

“Thanks, bye!” I said and walked out the door. As I was walking out my door, I looked to my left and saw… Eric! He’s my neighbour? Lovely, not only did I go out with him yesterday, but he lives next to me! Just my luck. Talk about trying to ignore someone.

I took a second glance to make sure. Yes, it was him! Once I was on the pavement, I turned right, so I could avoid him. But to my dismay, I heard someone call me.

“Keira?” Eric spoke in curiosity.

“Eric? I didn’t see you there!” I lied… Badly.

Eric chuckled and spoke. “You live…” He pointed to my house and I said.

“Yeah…”

“Nice. We’re neighbours. Shall we walk together to school?” He asked.

“Uhh… Why not?” I smirked. We were walking the whole way to school. Surprisingly, it’s easy to speak to him. I felt comfortable.

We got to school and we were walking in. Everybody was staring at us. What was up with that? We parted our separate ways. He went to his friends and I went to mine. He gave me a quick hug and then we left each other.

I walked over to my friends and they all glared at me, their eyebrows raised.

“What?” I said.

“What? You and Eric. That’s what.” Brian replied.

“What were you doing with him?” Steven asked.

“Relax! I found out this morning that he’s my neighbour-“ I got cut off by Olivia.

“No way!” Olivia spoke.

“Yes way! And he asked to walk to school, so I did.” I replied. The buzzer went and we went to our first lesson.

                   * * * 

School finished and I walked out of school with the girls. We said bye to the guys. I saw Eric and gave him an apologetic smile.

He mouthed. “It’s okay. Your with your friends.” I smiled and we proceeded to walk to my house.

We set up all our things in my room and we spoke and joked around and had fun. It was a nice way to get to know each other better. My parent’s ordered pizza for dinner and we ate in my room.

There was a knock at my door. My mum opened it and called for me. She yelled.

“Keira, Eric’s here!” My eye’s widened and I looked at all the girls and they all said.

“Go!!” They pushed me out my room and I walked towards to Eric. Great! I had my fluffy pink slippers on. How embarrising. He chuckled and began to speak to me. My parents were downstairs, so I told him if we could talk upstairs. We walked upstairs and I could see my friends from the corner of my eye’s. They were peeping through my door at me and Eric. Eric spoke.

“Keira… Um… Sorry for interrupting. But do you want to go somewhere tomorrow afternoon?”

“Um… Sure.” I replied nervously.

“Great. See you then.” He started walking down the stairs and I followed behind him. He turned back towards me and smirked and said.

“Oh and your slippers, their… Nice…”

I laughed and said. “Thanks.”

Eric leant in and kissed my cheek and wished me goodnight.

“Night. Bye Eric!”

I ran to my room and closed the door and the girls were throwing questions at me. I told them and we continued with our night.