Chapter 8

"Um..." I just stood there. I didn't know what to say! My heart was racing and I could begin to feel my face heat up and the palm of my hands sweat. I though to myself 'Do they even care?'

"Ex-em!" I heard from someone in the room, telling me to speak. I looked at him and I immediately gazed into his blue eye's and he was doing the same but with a grin on his face. The whole class turned around to the boy I was looking at. I was staring at him and he spoke and said.

"What? You shouldn't be looking at me!" He pointed towards me and I began to speak.

"Um... My name is Keira, i'm fifteen, turning sixteen March twenty-fifth. I like to read. Mostly romances and supernatural things... Ahhh..." 'What else?' I whispered to myself. " I uh, moved here from London, for my parents job. I play the piano and guitar... I find it hard to make new friends, as I feel people are very judgmental in our modern day society. I enjoy English, I like listening to music..."

"That's lovely Keira!" The teacher said with a smile on her face. I smiled back and the buzzer went and I grabbed my bag and someone grabbed my arm and linked arms with me. I looked at the girl like, ok-ay then...

"Hey, my names Brittnay, but you can call me Brit... Or Brie. I don't really mind." She smiled. She carried on speaking. "I think were going to get along just fine. You'll love my friends, they're nice people. I'm sure you'll like them." She spoke. Wow! This girl never stops. But I liked her, she's friendly and really talkative, but hey! She seemed sweet and so cute.

"I'm sorry. I'm rambling on. Just stop me any time . Ooo, is it hot in here?!"

"Nervous?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Why? Don't be. I am human!" I joked.

"I know... Just, I find it hard to make new friends too. Thought I'de give it a go."

"Well, good thing you did!"

"AHAHA!! Your so funny! Stop!" She said while wiping a tear.

"Um, o-kay?" I said while raising an eyebrow.

"So, what first class do you have?"

"Um... Maths..."

"Oh, goodie! Your with me!"

I smiled and thought. ' At least I know someone know...' She grabbed my wrist and dragged me to our math teacher. Brittnay was walking too fast for me. Her brown wavy hair flying everywhere. I caught up with her and she introduced me to the teacher.

"Hi sir! This is Keira. She's a new student here!"

"Hello Keira. Nice to meet you! Take a seat next to Brittnay!" He said plainly. I sat next to Brittnay and she handed me a math book for the lesson.

                                                                                     * * *

It was break and my second period was math. We had double maths! I felt as if my brain was about to explode! Brittnay brought me outside onto a bench, where her friends were sitting. She introduced me to them and they all seemed friendly.

"Everybody, this is Keira. She moved here from London. Keira, these are my friends - Mikayla, Olivia, Stephanie, Daniel, Steven and Brian."

"Hey, Keira!" They all yelled. We all started talking and I felt comfortable around them. Funny thing was, they all had brown hair and brown eye's. Weird?! We were talking about school, my schedule and how I ended up in Austin. The buzzer went and we quickly asked each other what lessons we have next. I had History and was in the same class as Daniel. We spoke a little and we entered the classroom and once again, I was introduced to the teacher. Daniel made clear to me that we had double History today.