Chapter 29- I Will Wait For You

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shuffled my feet out to the kitchen in my apartment and made myself a cup of tea. Preparing a bowl of cereal, I remembered that Connor was leaving for Minnesota today. Even though we're no longer together, I'm still going to the airport.

I need to know the truth. He definitely still can't get over me.

I mean, he loved one day and left me the next. Things don't work this way neither do relationships. You don't just change your feelings for a person you have established in months within a short time span of 24 hours. His flight is a 6pm so I have plenty of time right now to prepare or to go look for him.

Okay, maybe I should just prepare or go shopping or something. Its 11am in the goddamn morning, I can find something to do can't I?

Shanthi's still in bed isn't she? SHOPPING BUDDEH~~

I washed up all my dishes after I was finished with my breakfast and headed towards her room. I actually have never seen her room before so I'm pretty curious. She kept telling me it was a big surprise and it would blow my mind the moment it was complete.

WHO CARES, IM GONNA GO IN.

I grabbed the doorknob of her room and twisted it to open the door as quietly as I could. I looked up at her room and WOW.

JUST. WOW.

Her room was themed by song lyrics and all the lyrics were a mural on the 4 plain while walls of her room, showing only bits of white. The words were in a rainbow coloured gradient. I couldn't help but gawk at her work. SHE HAD DONE ALL OF THIS.

I thought mine was hard work. I tiptoed towards her bed and saw that she was tangled in the bedsheets with her hair everywhere in her face. Not very glamorous neither lady-like. I shook her and called out to her name but to no appeal she was still asleep.

Since she was musically talented, she had an acoustic guitar in a corner of her room. A keyword with a harmonica above it. A microphone hanging from the ceiling since she wanted to try recording songs, we bought that. Also she plays the drums. Yeah pretty cool, I know.

I started playing random keys on her keyboard. The lower keys of course, those are technically the most annoying if you play them non-stop. I started hitting random keys to making a ruckus in the room. She finally had some reaction. She grumbled and flipped the other way cover her ear with one of her throw pillows. Alright than, ignore me.

Maybe I have to play a decent melody. I started playing the keys to Disconnected by 5 Seconds Of Summer since that was her favourite song (so far, it changes every fortnight or so). I just manage to learn that song somehow and yeah....

She sat straight up in her bed wide eyed screaming "OHMYGOSH JOEL, I JUST HEARD 5SOS PLAYING DISCONNECTED TO ME ON THE KEYBOARD WHILE SINGING! oh..." Her tone changed the moment she saw it was me singing and playing. She blew a puff of air at her air before glaring at me while squinting her eyes.

"OH, SO YOU PREFER 5SOS TO ME." I probed her. She threw one of her pillows at me before stretching her hand to her bedside table to grab her phone as she laid back in bed to scroll through her social media. Typical.

I pulled her out of bed forcefully and sent her straight to the shower. If I don't do this I don't ever think she'll climb out of bed. LIKE EVER.

-Around 1pm-

I grabbed my navy blue converse from my closet before heading for the kitchen to grab chocolate. Shanthi came rushing to me and opened the door for us. She is excited to go shopping isn't she.