De Maggio turned to Rose and Adam "You, with me," they followed her. The Dalek approached the screen and smashed right through it.

"Abandoning the cage, sir," Bywater said as Goddard was tapping into a computer as Van Statten and the Doctor looked over her shoulder.

"We're losing power." Goddard reported "It's draining the base. Oh, my God. It's raiding entire power supplies for the whole of Utah,"

"It's downloading," The Doctor claimed

"Downloading what?" Van Statten asked

"Sir, the entire West Coast has gone down,"

"It's not just energy. That Dalek just absorbed the entire Internet. It knows everything,"

"Sir, the cameras in the vault have gone down," Goddard reported

"We've only got emergency power, it's eaten everything else, you've got to kill it now!" The Doctor ordered

"All guards to converge in the Metaltron cage, immediately,"

"Well I've had enough of this nonsense..." Tia muttered as she stood up and headed for the doors.

"Tiaalen do not leave this room!" The Doctor ordered

Tia turned around to face him "Is that an order...sir?!" receiving no response she exited the doors. The Doctor sighed as he turned back to the computer.

***

Rose and Adam ran past another bunch of security guards, led by De Maggio. "Civilians! Let them through!" De Maggio ordered. The guards pointed their guns ready in the direction they anticipated the Dalek would approach from.

"Cover the north wall:" Bywater shouted "Red dvision, maintain suppressing fire along the perimeted, Blue Division hold," he was exterminated by the Dalek behind him. The guards immediately started firing at the Dalek, but the bullets melted before they could even touch the armour. The Dalek was surrounded-but it simply exterminated them, one by one, the bullets having no effect.

***

Van Statten looked at Goddard "Tell them to shop shooting at it!"

"It's killing them!" Goddard argued

"They're dispensable, that Dalek is unique," Van Statten spoke into the intercom "I don't want a scratch on its body work. Do you hear me? Do you hear me?" the sound of gunshots faded into silence.

Goddard showed the Doctor a map of the base on the computer screen "That's us right below the surface. That's the cage, and that's the Dalek,"

She indicated a blue light moving along a corridor. "This museum of yours, have you got any alien weapons?" The Doctor voiced

"Lots of them, but the trouble is the Dalek's between us and them,"

"We've got to keep that thing alive." Van Statten told them "We could just seal the entire vault, trap it down there,"

"Leaving everyone trapped with it?" The Doctor asked "Rose and Tiaalen are down there. I won't let that happen. Have you got that?" Van Statten stood up. The Doctor turned back to the computer screen and Goddard "It's got to go through this area. What's that?"

"Weapons testing,"

"Give guns to lawyers, technicians, anyone. Everyone. Only then have you got a chance of killing it," Goddard nodded and got up. The Doctor took her place in front of the computer.

***

Rose, still running, found herself at the foot of a flight of stairs. "Stairs! That's more like it!" Rose cheered. Adam ran up behind her "It hasn't got legs, it's stuck!"

De Maggio joined them "It's coming! Get up!"

They ran up the stairs and looked over the banisters to watch the Dalek. It stopped at the foot of the stairs. Adam breathed a small sigh of relief. It ran its eyepiece over the stairs. "Great big alien death machine. Defeated by a flight of stairs," Adam mocked.

The Dalek's eyepiece rested on them. De Maggio still had her gun pointing at it "Now, listen to me." She said "I demand you return to your cage. If you want to negotiate, then I guarantee that Mr. Van Statten will be willing to talk. I accept that we imprisoned you and maybe that was wrong. But people have died, and that stops. Right now. The killing stops, have you got that?" The Dalek merely watched her, saying nothing "I demand that you surrender, is that clear?"

"El-ev-ate," The Dalek said.

The Dalek levitated in the air and floated up the first few steps of the stairs.

"Oh my God," Rose muttered

The Dalek proceeded up the stairs. Adam looked gob smacked. Rose jumped as a hand touched her shoulder and she saw Tiaalen. "We need to move," the Jedi told her "Now!"

De Maggio looked up at the brunette "Get them out of here,"

"Come with us," Tia said urgently "you can't stop it!
"Someone's got to try. Now get out! Don't look back, just run!" Adam went up the rest of the stairs.

"Tia, we've got to move," Rose told her softly as Tiaalen watched De Maggio stand her ground "Tia..." Tia nodded her head and they headed up the rest of the stairs. Tiaalen looked down at the sound of the exterminator beam and De Maggio's scream, but continued running down the corridor.

***

"I thought you were the great expert, Doctor." Van Statten claimed. The Doctor, still staring at the monitor, didn't answer. "If you're so impressive, then why not just reason with this Dalek? It must be willing to negotiate, there must be something it needs, everything needs something,"

"What's the nearest town?" The Doctor asked

"Saltlake City,"

"Population?"

"One million,"

"All dead. If the Dalek gets out, it'll murder every living creature, that's all it needs,"

Van Statten became furious "But why would it do that?!"

"Because it honestly believes they should die. Human beings are different, and anything different is wrong. It's the ultimate in racial cleansing and you, Van Statten, you've let it loose!"

***

The soldiers positioned themselves "The Dalek's surrounded by a force field." The Doctor said through the intercom "The bullets are melting before they even hit home but it's not indestructible. If you concentrated your fire, you might get through." The soldiers waited apprehensively "Aim for the dome, the head, the eyepiece. That's the weak spot,"

"Thank you, Doctor, but I think I know how to fight one single tin robot." The Commander said "Positions!" they readied their guns and waited. After a few moments, Rose, Tiaalen, and Adam ran into view, right in the middle of the open area. "Hold your fire!" The trio stopped "you three, get the hell out of there!"

The trio made it outside the door the moment the Dalek slowly came into view. Tia stopped for a momet to watch it. The Dalek also stopped, and it focused on them. Rose grabbed Tiaalen's arma dn pulled her away, but she stopped again. "It was looking at me,"

"Yeah, it wants to slaughter us!" Tia glared at Adam and pulled her hand away from Rose.

"I know!" Rose shouted

"But it was looking right at me," Tiaalen said softly

"So?" Adam asked impatiently "It's just a sort of metal eye thing, it's looking all around!"

Tia shook her head "I don't know...it's like there's something inside looking at me, like...like it knows me,"