Should Have Known (Camren)

Excerpt from "Should Have Known"

Lauren's POV

It shouldn't have been unusual to have a dream like that, right? I knew what I wanted. I wanted to make it big. I wanted to inspire, to sing my heart out. That had always been my dream. Ever since I was a small child, all I could think about was singing-this, singing-that. Singing into a hairbrush. Singing in the shower. Just singing. I had done everything to get that point. I worked day in and day out to make sure that one day, my name would be on the Billboard Charts, that one day I'd hear my song on the radio, and I knew that dream of mine was coming true.

So how come, right then in that moment, the only thing I could seem to dream about were those four girls, lumped together by choice, best friends by fate?

And even then, feeling Camila's delicate hand in my own and listening to the sound of her laughter through tears of joy, I wanted to lie down on that stage at that very second and drift off into a sound, peaceful sleep, so that the only thing that filled my mind were her deep chocolate eyes...

Her soft, pink lips...

Her warm skin...

The way she smelled like cheap perfume and a family that loved her more than life itself...

Her.

What if it was all a dream? What if those girls- my family- were all a figment of my imagination, and the following morning my alarm clock would sound and it would all be over?

If it was all a dream- the crowd, my heart in my throat, my best friends, and her hand tucked safely in mine- then God, I didn't ever want to wake up.

I wanted to write a Camren story, but instead of writing a fictional one where the girls are say, in high school or doing something totally unrelated to music, I decided to write a more realistic representation of what everyone wants Camren to be lol. It starts with their X Factor auditions and follows ALL of the girls (but focuses on Camren) through their journey through the TV show and after it. Basically, it's a sum of everything that's happened to the Camren we know and ship, only it's a fictional representation of their story and relationship. A lot of what happens in the story actually HAS happened (or was rumored to have happened), but keep in mind not everything is spot on and I plan on changing a lot of it to work with the storyline. I hope you enjoy (:

As a side note, my girlfriend and I have started a YouTube channel and would love for you guys to check us out. If you enjoy watching us, like, comment, and subscribe! Here's the link!
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC4ZJ21CQo3RKqz-CIpuVgyQ