four ; think lovely thoughts

Start from the beginning

Even if her fear of her mother was prominent, Arabella still shook her head and lied straight through her teeth. "No, the people were just very kind to me that's all. May I go again this morning?"

It didn't seem like Ivy caught her in the lie but she was still suspicious, giving her daughter a firm look of disapproval. Leo, on the other hand, was gracious, smiling. "Well, I don't see why not. Of course, you can go." The same shimmer was in his eyes.

"Thank you," Arabella said before she cleaned her mouth with her napkin. The girl stood and then kissed both of her parent's cheeks before grabbing her cloak from a nearby maid and walking to the front gate.

Queen Ivy continued eating, not shaking off the feeling she had while King Leo watched his daughter leave with a smile on his face.

———

The idea of someone having a six sense didn't ever actually seem true to her. But having magic can give you advances, some being that you know when something's wrong. Much to her dislike, this had happened multiple times since Arabella met Malcolm. And it usually had to do with his father. His pathetic excuse for a father was always behind it.

Arabella stepped out of the carriage and onto the stone floor of the village, making her way to the blacksmith. When she reached her destination, she saw the same man as always that was there and walked up to him, she saw the faint look of sadness on his face.

"Excuse me, sir, is something wrong?" Arabella asked him.

He looked up at her. "Princess, I'm afraid Malcolm does not want to see you today. He requested that I tell he doesn't wish to see you."

She tilted her head and nodded. "Oh. I'll just be on my way then." Arabella turned around and walked away. The sun beat down on her fair skin, a sneer escaping her lips. Malcolm's father was behind this, no doubt. Once again, the thought of crushing his heart in her bare hands surfaced in her mind. But she couldn't help it. This man was the reason why the boy she cared about deeply was hurting.

"Did you hear about what that man who works at the blacksmith did to his son?" a woman questioned nearby.

Arabella stopped, turning her head to see an older looking women talking with another older looking women. The two of them were huddled as if they were telling secrets. With her magic, the Princess easily listened to the conversation.

"What boy?" the other asked.

The other one looked around before replying, "Malcolm. His father, they work at the blacksmith, I heard that his father sold him to the blacksmith owner and he told them to make him work long hours and work by the fire."

Arabella tightened her fist in anger. Her magic burned in her veins with every step she took towards the blacksmith. She used her magic to teleport to the back and peeked through the window. There he was, by the fire. Malcolm poked it with a stick, wiping the sweat and grime off his face with the other hand. It only made it worse but he didn't seem to care.

The boy turned to grab a sword from the table so his green eyes were visible to her. Arabella flicked her wrist and appeared in the room. Malcolm did not notice her as he put the tip of the sword in the fire.

"Malcolm," she spoke up.

He whipped around and saw her. Red eyes and no smile looked back at her. Arabella felt her magic flare up again because this was his father's fault. She closed her eyes for a moment, then she opened them back up. "You shouldn't be here. I told them that I didn't want to see you," he told her emotionlessly.