Chapter 65: Happily Ever. . .

Every inch of his body stiffens as my hands slip beneath his shirt, pulling it over his head and throwing it to where he has thrown mine.

Our bodies, drunk off of one another, pulling at each other's clothing and tearing it to pieces, nothing is holding us back and nothing ever will again.

It is a beam of sun that enters through the window above that illuminates my naked body. His lips trail down the sunbeams spread across my skin and the pain inside of me seems to simmer away once his lips intertwine with me so delicately.

Tangling my fingers in his hair, I let myself feel everything and anything in this moment as if it were my last. I just want Cooper to kiss away every scar and every fiber of my being until I am cured, and maybe he is my cure—in a fairytale or a book but never in this life.

But this life is all I've ever wanted and for a while I was able to experience it. I don't think that's something that will ever fade.

Suddenly without warning, I meet Cooper's stormy grey eyes as he buries himself deep inside of me with a heap of moans only loud enough to reach the base of our eardrums.

I jolt to life as if I have never felt what it's like to be so free and so young. Wrapping my legs around Cooper's waist and listening to his rapid breathing as it fans against my ear, I pray that this moment in time can stay forevermore and that this little eternity we share will course through my veins even when I go limp and cold.

The most morbid thought that I'm unable to obliterate, though, is:

When my body loses its color, and every particle that makes up the girl once known as Kyla Daniels dissolves into nothingness, Cooper will no longer be linked to my heart and every beautiful moment that we ever intertwined will be forever lost in my last words. How sad to think that Cooper will never be mine again.

"Please don't leave me." He groans, his lips brushing against my neck as he delicately runs his hands over my bare chest. The feeling alone holds me captive.

Oh, how I wish to be his forever.

With no wise answer in mind, I wrap my arms around Cooper's neck and pull him impossibly close until our foreheads are pressed together. The perspiration and the heat heightens.

"I love you." He murmurs against my lips and once I return the words, he flips us around until I'm straddling his hips, staring deep into the bottomless pit that are his eyes. Picking up the pace of my hips, I cling onto his shoulders for dear life, listening to him beg and cry for me.

In this moment we are young and carefree.
I am not dying and he is not afraid.
I am not Kyla and he is not Cooper,
but we are just two reckless kids feeling our way through every unbearable moment that has brought us to one another.

So, perhaps I may have lived my own little forever hating this one boy and I also may have slowly fallen in love with him but in the end I only ended up doing things to him that I never thought I could.

And sure, maybe I haven't lived but I have been alive.

Because I had the pleasure of being loved unconditionally and I was able to love myself enough to return that devotion.