Chapter 24

"Why would you two fly off like that!? Where is she?" Steve asked worried as the team followed behind him everyone going their separate ways.

"She's sleep and she's in her room. We flew off because she was in pain and didn't want to show it in front of everyone" Tony explained.

Steve sat across from Tony.

"It's these pills she has to take and it's mandatory. Just please make sure she takes two a day for two weeks. If she doesn't she'll be paralyzed for the rest of her time." Tony informed Steve and he nodded.

In a moment they both agreed on something, they wouldn't tell Rose.

"Tony I have to ask you something"

"Shoot"

"Maya and I we've been talking for a long time. How do you think I should ask her? It's been some time since I did something like this" Steve asked nervously.

"Honestly, she's pretty traditional, but not at the same time. So maybe a candle lit dinner talk about what y'all could become and the boom!" Tony exclaimed.

"Thank you Tony, truly you're my greatest friend"

With that Steve walked off into Rose's room as she fluttered her eyes open. She seen Steve and smiled slightly.

"Hey there Cap looking good" She complimented.

"Good afternoon beautiful" He greeted.

"Come here" Rose said and Steve walked her way and laid next to her wrapping his arm around her.

For a moment his heart started to beat hard. As he slowly tightened his grip on Rose feeling as her fingers intertwined with his. Her back against his front and her even breaths. She rolled over to look at him and her brown eyes twinkled leaving him speechless. Everything felt perfect for him. The smallest things that she doesn't even realize she does he loved and that's when it all came into play for him, he loved Rose.

"What?" Rose asked.

"Nothing"

Steve caressed her face feeling her soft brown skin. Then his watch went off reminding him of a meeting.

"Go I'll see you later"

With that Steve kissed Rose's cheek and left. Rose got up and he back felt better. She changed into some shorts and a shirt. She walked into her bathroom and freshened up and walked to Wanda's room and knocked on the door. She was told to come in and she did.

"How are you feeling?" Rose asked and soon Vision came through the wall.

"Vision we talked about this?" Wanda snapped.

"I apologize, but we are requested"

Wanda and Rose looked at one another and then got up proceeding to follow vision. Rose sat between Tony and Falcon the State Senator decided  to pay us a not so kind visit. Everyone had to join Steve was even pulled from his meeting. He wanted to talk about the last mission how we put everyone in danger. He wanted the avengers and other heroes to sign a contract saying that they only can go on the cue of the government or when they request. The Senate dropped off the contract and then left.

"We should sign it" Tony said suddenly.

"What no!?" Rose protested.

"Do you now how many innocents we killed"

"Do you know that we'd be turning away our freedom of expression"

"Tony. She's right we can't just sign it over to the government" Steve said.