Chapter 9: Maybe

"What do you mean?" I asked. "It's obvious that you two like each other" Clint said laughing. "He likes Dr.Helen" I said looking at Clint. "Did he tell you that?" Clint asked me smirking. "Well no but-" Clint cut me off. "He likes you" Clint said and before I could say anything else he said something.

"And it's your time to go now" Clint said looking to the side showing that Captain is walking over here. "Don-" I started but Clint cut me off. "Here I come honey" he called and walked past Captain putting a hand on his shoulder told him something and kept walking. "Hi" I said waving probably looking stupid right now. "Hey so Tony explained to me what that was about" Steve said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Clint asked me to go to the store, want to come?" Steve asked and I nodded. We walked to the car and drove to the market. They needed a few things after we got everything we came back to the house and carried everything inside. It was evening and I made my way back to the woods it's peaceful and beautiful. "Like it here I see" I turned around and seen Steve.

"Yeah it's quiet" I said and smiled. "You never told me about what it was like before this" I said taking a seat on the ground. "It was well completely different not as much technology and the government wasn't that good" Captain informed me and I laughed. "So what was it like in the army?" I asked as he ran his hand threw his hair. "Dangerous I wouldn't let you step foot in a place like that but you remind me of someone she shown she was not to be taken as a joke" Captain informed me.

"You liked her didn't you?" I asked and he looked at me in my eyes. "I loved her" he said and I knew she was dead but the way he talked about her was nice. "We were suppose to ya know have this dance" Captain said and looked down. "I promised her" Captain added. I walked up to Captain and put my hands in his as he looked at me. "Still want to dance?" I asked looking in his eyes.

I turned on 'Stay With Me' by Sam Smith and put it in pocket. He put his left hand at the middle of my back sending chills all over and his right hand was in mine. The song needed put we didn't remove from each other. My hands were now on his shoulder and both of his hands were on both sides of my waist. "Is that why you were there for me?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Captain asked. "You knew what it was like to lose almost everyone you loved?" I asked looking in his eyes. "Yes" he answered still holding me firmly. "Thank you" I said and realized that we were inching closer to one another.