Broccoli, Cauliflower & Cheese Crumble

╔═════════════════╗

BROCCOLI, CAULIFLOWER AND CHEESE CRUMBLE

Sauce;

- Whole Milk | 550ml

- Onion | 1

- Garlic Cloves | 3

- Peppercorns | 6

- Butter | 50g

- Plain White Flour | 50g

- Grated Cheddar Cheese | 150g

- Ground Nutmeg | 1

- Broccoli Florets | 2

- Cauliflower Florets | 1

Crumble;

- Butter | 50g

- Plain White Flour | 120g

- Sourdough Breadcrumbs | 70g

- Rosamary Leaves | 1

- Cheddar Cheese | 50g

⊱ ────────────── ⊰

< METHOD >

To make the sauce; heat up the milk, onion, cloves, and peppercorns in a saucepan until just simmering. Remove and cool for ten minutes for the flavour to mingle.

To make the crumble; rub together the butter and flour with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir through the breadcrumbs and rosemary and then set aside.

Melt the butter for the sauce in a saucepan, add the flour and stir over a gentle heat for a minute before gradually adding the strained infused milk off the heat, whisking until smooth. Continue to simmer the sauce stirring all the time for another three to four minutes.

Once you've done that, remove from heat, stir in the cheese with the nutmeg and season with freshly ground black pepper. Meanwhile, add the broccoli and cauliflower to salted boiling water and bring back to boil and cook for two minutes before draining well. Don't overcook the vegetables when boiling them as they will continue to cook in the oven.

Mix the broccoli and cauliflower through the cheese sauce and place in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle over the crumble mixture the grated cheese, then bake in the oven at 200c for twenty to twenty-five minutes and then serve immediately with green salad.

⊱ ────────────── ⊰

Thanks for visiting Aaron's Cooking Guide, please don't forget to vote, follow, share with your friends and add this book to your reading list, thanks!

╚═════════════════╝