Apple Turnovers

╔═════════════════╗

APPLE TURNOVERS

Flaky or Puff Pastry | 1 Packet

Baking Apples | 2

Sugar | 50g

⊱ ────────────── ⊰

< METHOD >

To prepare the apples you need to quarter, core, peel and chop the apples. Once you've done that, place the apples in water for a few minutes to prevent browning and then drain the water from the apples and place them in a pan with only three to six tablespoons of water. Place the lid on the pan and cook gently until they're soft and then remove from the heat.

Once the apples are cooked, stir in the sugar and allow to cool and as they cool down start rolling out the pastry until it's thin and cut into large squares and then place heaped spoonful's of apple on each pastry square and brush the sides with water to seal. When you've sealed them, brush over them with egg white and sprinkle with sugar - place the apple turnovers on a baking tray and set the oven to 200c, or gas mark seven and bake them for fifteen minutes or until golden brown and crisp.

⊱ ────────────── ⊰

Thanks for visiting Aaron's Cooking Guide, please don't forget to vote, follow, share with your friends and add this book to your reading list, thanks!

╚═════════════════╝