Pumpkin Pie

╔═════════════════╗

PUMPKIN PIE

Pumpkin (Peeled, Deseeded & Sliced) | 750g

Sweet Shortcrust Pastry | 350g

Caster Sugar | 140g

Salt | 1/2 Teaspoon

Nutmeg (Grated) | 1/2

Cinnamon | 1 Teaspoon

Egg (Beaten) | 2

Butter (Melted) | 25g

Milk | 175g

Icing Sugar | 1 Tablespoon

⊱ ────────────── ⊰

< METHOD >

Light oven gas mark 4 or 180c. Place the pumpkin in a large sauce pan, cover with water and bring to the boil, then cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain the pumpkin and allow to cool.

Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use it to line a 22cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Chill for 15 minutes. Line the pastry with baking parchment and baking beans then bake for 15 minutes. Remove the beans and paper and cook for a further 10 minutes until the base is pale golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.

Increase oven to gas mark 7 or 220c. Push the cooled pumpkin through a sieve into a large bowl. In a separate bowl. Combine the sugar, salt, nutmeg, and half of the cinnamon. Mix in the beaten eggs, melted butter and milk, then add to the pumpkin purée and stir to combine. Pour into the tart shell and cook for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to gas mark 4 or 180c, then continue to bake for 35-40 minutes until the filling base has set.

Leave to cool, then remove the pie from the tin. Mix the remaining cinnamon with the icing sugar and dust over the pie, served chilled.

⊱ ────────────── ⊰

Thanks for visiting Aaron's Cooking Guide, please don't forget to vote, follow, share with your friends and add this book to your reading list, thanks!

╚═════════════════╝