Layered Potato Bake

╔═════════════════╗

LAYERED POTATO BAKE

Potatoes | 500g

Onion | 1

Garlic Clove | 1

Vegetable Oil | 25ml

Cheddar Cheese | 150g

Milk | 375g

Margarine | 25g

Plain Flour | 25g

⊱ ────────────── ⊰

< METHOD >

Light oven gas mark 6 or 200c. Prepare the potatoes by peeling them and cutting them in halves. In a pan, add the potatoes with water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil and simmer for approximately 10 minutes until they are beginning to soften, but are still firm. Drain in a colander and allow to cool. Peel and slice the onion, peel and crush the garlic, and grate the cheese.

Put the vegetable oil in the pan and cook onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then add the flour, margarine and milk. Heat gently and bring to boil slowly, stirring constantly until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and add 3/4 of cheese and mix it. Grease an ovenproof dish. Slice the potatoes and arrange in alternate layers with onion and garlic in an ovenproof dish, then pour over cheese sauce and sprinkle the top with remaining cheese. Put it in oven and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown in colour. Remove from oven and garnish with parsley, then it's ready to serve.

⊱ ────────────── ⊰

Thanks for visiting Aaron's Cooking Guide, please don't forget to vote, follow, share with your friends and add this book to your reading list, thanks!

╚═════════════════╝