Lemon Meringue Pie

╔═════════════════╗

LEMON MERINGUE PIE

Pastry;

- Plain Flour | 200g

- Margarine | 50g

- Lard | 50g

- Water | 8 Tablespoons

Lemon Filling;

- Lemon (Juice & Zest) | 2

- Margarine | 50g

- Sugar | 50g

- Cornflour | 50g

- Egg Yolk | 2

- Water | 250ml

Meringue;

- Egg White | 2

- Sugar | 50g

⊱ ────────────── ⊰

< METHOD >

Light oven gas mark 6 or 200c. Prepare the pastry by combining the plain flour, lard, water and margarine. In a flan dish, pour the pastry at the bottom and sides of the dish and place greaseproof paper above the pastry and use the extra pastry trimming to hold the paper in place, then proceed to bake it for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the greaseproof paper and trimmings and allow to bake for another 5 minutes.

Whilst that bakes, in a bowl separate the egg yolks from the whites (keep the whites for later), remove the zest and juice from the lemons. In a pan, add the egg yolks, lemon juice and zest. Add margarine, cornflour, water and sugar to the pan. Place on a gentle heat until the sauce starts to thicken. Once complete, pour the lemon mixture into the baked pastry base and allow to cool.

In a clean bowl, place the egg whites and whisk until the mixture is thick and now stir in the sugar and whisk until the mixture forms a thick white meringue, then pile it on top of the lemon filling and either flash under the grill, or bake in the oven until golden.

⊱ ────────────── ⊰

Thanks for visiting Aaron's Cooking Guide, please don't forget to vote, follow, share with your friends and add this book to your reading list, thanks!

╚═════════════════╝