Forest Fruit Cake

╔═════════════════╗

FOREST FRUIT CAKE

Cake;

- Stork with Butter | 250g

- Caster Sugar | 250g

- Vanilla Extract | 1 Teaspoon

- Eggs | 4

- Self Raising Flour | 250g

- Frozen Forest Fruits | 80g

Filling;

- Stork with Butter | 100g

- Mascarpone | 100g

- Icing Sugar | 200g

- Fresh Forest Fruit | 350g

⊱ ────────────── ⊰

< METHOD >

Grease and line the bases of 2 x 8" cake tins. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 or 180c. Cream together the stork with butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy, beat in the vanilla extract and add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Add the flour & forest fruits, then divide the cake mixture evenly between the cake tins. Bake the cake for 30 minutes until golden on top and springy to the touch. Once done, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Prepare the filling by placing the forest fruits in a blender, sieve the liquid to remove the seeds. Beat together the stork with butter and mascarpone and once combined, add the icing sugar and beat again. Set one of the cakes onto a serving plate, add a layer of mascarpone icing and forest fruits. Top the second cake again coating in a layer of mascarpone icing. Drizzle the reserved forest fruit icing around the top of the cake and decorate with the remaining fruit and dust lightly with icing sugar.

⊱ ────────────── ⊰

Thanks for visiting Aaron's Cooking Guide, please don't forget to vote, follow, share with your friends and add this book to your reading list, thanks!

╚═════════════════╝