patching up

"It's the third one." Claire said, nodding to the houses in front of them.

"Alright." He said and walked towards it.

After getting inside, Claire guided him to where she had her first aid kit located.
Adrian placed Claire on the couch before following her instructions to the upstairs washroom to grab the kit.

When he returned, Claire was getting up.

"What're you doing?" He asked, pushing her back down onto the couch. "You're gonna hurt yourself more."

"I kinda need to get changed to treat my leg...and my rooms that way." She said, pointing to the stairs with her finger.

"I'll take you." He said, leaving no room for argument. He had her picked up the way he did before in a moment and was climbing up the stairs.

Claire opened the door of her room with her free hand and then looked at Adrian expectantly. "Are you gonna put me down now?" She asked with an amused smile.

"Oh, right." He laughed, sheepishly.

He put Claire down and watched as she limped to a dressing table. She rummaged through her drawers for some time before pulling out a light blue pair of shorts.

"I'll be outside." Adrian said and walked out the room, closing the door behind him.

As Adrian left, Claire started to work on the button of her jeans. After undoing the button and the zipper, she pushed the jeans down slowly, testing to see how much it would sting.

She let out a hiss of pain that she hoped Adrian didn't hear.

"Hey, are you okay? Do you need some help?"

She forced out a laugh. "Don't be such a pervert Ade, I'm fine."

"Claire, honestly, I'll close my eyes if you want."

"It's alright Adrian, I've done this before. I can handle myself." She said, assuring him.

She got no response from him so she took that as a cue for her to continue. As her jeans peeled downwards, her eyes became more scrunched up in pain. As she got to the end of the wound, she whipped off the remainder of the jeans.
She sighed in satisfaction that her leg was able to breathe again, but she knew the real pain was about to begin.

She pulled her shorts on and called out to Adrian to come in.

He walked in with the first aid kit. "I thought we could just do this here, instead of going back down again."

Claire walked to her bed and kept her leg straight as she sat down. Then she lifted up her leg, using her hands to keep her leg straight and settled it onto the bed.

Adrian handed her the first aid kit but she put it down and opened up her bedside drawer. She pulled out some pills and popped one into her mouth.

"I need these pain killers to kick in before I fix this." She said to satisfy Adrian's confused face.

His mouth opened in realization and he nodded.

As soon as the medicine started to kick in, Claire got the needle and began to patch up the undone stitches.

"Do you want me to do it?" He asked.
When Claire looked up at his face, she smiled in amusement before it turned it an appreciative smile.

He was ghostly pale which meant that he was super uncomfortable, but he still asked to help.

"I'm fine, thanks." She said and he let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank God you said no."

Claire laughed. "Scared of a needle, Ade?"

"Petrified." He agreed.

She chuckled. "Scaredy-cat." She said.

"Weirdo." He retorted.

"You're so childish." She said to him.

"Do you really wanna have this argument for the second time tonight?" He asked, amusement laced in his tone.

"I wouldn't mind. You know, since I won the first time and I'll win this time again."

"Oh sure, says the girl that pushed my swing and didn't get out of the way in time, resulting in her gracefully falling face-first into the sand."

She laughed at the recent memory.