park shenanigans

"Whoever reaches the swing first, gets it!" Adrian yelled out before sprinting to the park.

"Dude, what the fudgecicle?! That's not fair!" Claire said as she broke into a sprint as well, her healing leg long forgotten.

By the time she reached the swing, Adrian was already pushing himself back and forth.

"It's not my fault there's only one functioning swing in this park." He said and stuck his tongue out at Claire's narrowed eyes.

Claire laughed at his antics. "You're so childish." She said as she moved to the side.

"Well, I am younger than you, you know." He reasoned.

"Seriously? You're only a few months younger."

"We're born in two whole different years, Claire." He said with a smirk, knowing she was going to retaliate.

"Yeah two different years, but not a whole year apart, still."

"Doesn't matter, I'm still a whole grade younger than you." He knew she was right, but he kept egging her on for the fun of it.

"So you're going to resort to the way the education system has divided us to back up your argument?" She asked, coming to stand in front of Adrian with her hands on her hips.

"Yeah," he said, swinging harder and extending his leg so the tip of his shoe touched her stomach, "I am."

"You're frustrating." She stated and walked around the swing so she was behind him. "I'm gonna push your swing."

He let out a laugh. "I'm frustrating, so you're going to push my swing?"

"Does it make any sense?" She asked him, as steadied her legs to give him a push.

"Not really, no." He answered.

"Yeah, well you weren't making any sense either, so it's fair now." She said, spurting out whatever she could think of, which wasn't really any good of a comeback.

Adrian laughed and Claire smiled, feeling her heart do something at the sound of his laughter.

As the swing moved backwards, towards Claire, her one hand gripped the chain of the swing, while her other rested on his back. Using her legs as strength, she pushed him as hard as she could.
Because of the push, she had moved forward and didnt realize it in time that the swing was moving backwards, towards her again. With her back towards the swing, the moment Adrian came in contact with her, she was pushed forward. Her hands came out in front of her as she landed on the sand.

"Ow!" Adrian yelled out on instinct.

"Claire?!" Adrien yelled out as he jumped off the swing and quickly came over to see Claire's figure shaking.

Claire turned herself over, still lying on the ground. She laid her head down on the sand, not caring about the sand getting in her hair and she laughed. She laughed and laughed and as Adrian watched her laugh, he cracked a smile too.

He held out his hand to help her up and she took it, still laughing a little.

"That completely backfired." She said, as she waved her hand through her hair to get the sand out.

Adrian laughed along as he realized what was cracking her up. "You are so unpredictable." He said, shaking his head with a smile still on his lips.