writing again

"So..." Adrian trailed off.

"So..." Claire replied, delaying the inevitable.

Adrian raised his eyebrow pointedly.
She rolled her eyes before replying. "Okay, okay." She shrugged. "I don't know, I've never told anyone about anything, I've never let anyone in."

"So you're afraid of telling?"

Claire looked into Adrian's eyes, thinking about what was making her hesitate.

"Afraid?" She sighed. "I guess so. I don't know how you'll react."

"If you think I'm gonna react like your so called "friends" -no offence- I'm not."

Claire let out a pity laugh. "I know that."

"So then what's stopping you?" After a small moment of silence, Adrian had an idea. "Okay, how about this: we can go back to writing letters momentarily? If it makes it easier?"

"Why do you wanna know so bad?"

"Because I care?"

"Why?" She asked him, deeply wondering.

"Why wouldn't I?"

Claire smiled and after a few seconds, let out a laugh. Adrian looked confused at the sudden spurt of random laughter.

"Sorry, the atmosphere was just getting too heavy."

Adrian rolled his eyes but smiled too. "Okay, so I'll see you with a letter on Monday?"

"Yep, you will. What about you? You haven't told me what made you happy yet."

Adrian smiled a sincere smile. "Yeah, I will too."