it's not too late to apologize

After getting over the shock of the situation, Adrian and Claire were settled into an awkward silence. Claire only spoke to direct him towards her house and that's all.

The heaviness of the situation was clogging up her mind and she wanted to lighten the atmosphere surrounding them both, but she didn't know how.

She had her left hand guarding the beer so it wouldn't fall and the other hand hooked around the back of Adrian's neck.

Despite the situation, Adrian was feeling very comfortable the way Claire was holding on to him. He didn't know what compelled him to just pick her up, without asking if she could walk on her own. But he was content with the way she felt against him.

However, each time he would look downwards and see the blood stain on her jeans, his muscles would constrict and he could feel the heat of anger boiling inside him.

He was seething in anger because of her father. He caused all of this. He was causing her all this pain and torture. He hurt her so much that she had to end up in stitches. That she had to stitch herself. And this wasn't even the first time. Forget the kind of father he was, what kind of a human was he?

He didn't realize how hard he was thinking until he heard Claire's soft voice calling his name.

"Ade?" She called again.

He looked down at her face and his eyes immediately softened.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"Sorry? For what?" He asked, completely confused.

"Sorry for not telling you about the stitches."

"You really don't need to apologize about that." He said with a soft smile.

"Are you telling me it's too late to apologize?" She asked, referring to the song.

Adrian closed his eyes for a second but despite the serious situation, a laugh escaped his mouth. "You, Claire, are impossible."

Claire cracked a grin of her own, thankful that there had been a break from the increasingly heavy atmosphere.