Chapter 67 - A Plan Gone Wrong

San Tekka left Leia, Breha, and the droids in the alleyway while he entered the cantina to arrange transport to the Outer Rim. He first spoke with a pair of light freighter owners, but they were in need of laborers, not useless passengers.

He then found a blue Rodian named Heeldu. The frog-like creature asked, "You need transport? I have transport."

"Where are you going?"

"Wherever you are—how many?"

"Three humans and two droids. Tatooine. How much?"

"Hmm, twenty thousand."

"My friend, I will take my business elsewhere, to someone with more reasonable rates," San Tekka said as he pushed his way past the Rodian.

Heeldu grabbed his arm and said, "Eighteen."

"Fifteen . . . half in advance and the other half on arrival," San Tekka said. "When do we leave?"

"The ship is ready to depart. Bay 88." The Rodian rubbed his suction-cup fingers together. "Be there in the next hour with your money or don't bother coming at all."

"We'll be there.

"One hour, human. Don't be late."

When San Tekka joined Leia and told her what he had arranged, Leia shouted, "You can't be serious?"

"Keep your voice down. This Rodian is shady enough to keep his mouth shut when he's paid enough."

"If you can trust him."

"We have no other choice."

"I have a bad feeling about this."

"We are approaching Tatooine

"We are approaching Tatooine. Prepare for landing. When we land, follow my lead. I have made some arrangements with the locals for you," the Rodian said over the comm system.

As soon as they had landed, the ramp lowered and the hatch opened. The air was like an oven and took their breaths away. San Tekka said, "Good old Tatooine."