Chapter 33 - Jedi Healing

During the two-day flight to Zaxyn Base Medical Center, Naluma's condition deteriorated

During the two-day flight to Zaxyn Base Medical Center, Naluma's condition deteriorated. Between her concussion and the backlash from the sedative, her head pounded with such strength she was unable to keep her eyes open or even walk to the refresher. Gashes on her head and back festered with pus. Her muscles spasmed in agony. 

And Luke could do nothing to alleviate her discomfort. 

Neither slept well. Luke had to wake her hourly due to the concussion. By the time the pain dulled enough for her to fall asleep, it was only mere minutes before Luke was nudging her awake again.

 By the time the pain dulled enough for her to fall asleep, it was only mere minutes before Luke was nudging her awake again

When they arrived on Zaxyn, Luke carried her directly to the emergency wing of the med center. Naluma's lucidity faded in and out, each jolt sending spasms through her back.

Dr. Shuren rushed to the pair, followed by medtechs Ikeda and Oayamei guiding a hover stretcher. "Put her down. Carefully. What happened?"

"Mission on Kattada. Took some kicks to the head and back. Concussion. Sedative backlash."

"You shouldn't have moved her. One wrong move, and you could have killed her. Get a C-collar on her." 

Ikeda held Naluma's neck steady while Oayamei fastened the cushioned brace.

Shuren pushed a few buttons on the stretcher. The soft cushion strengthened into a hard board, and straps snaked across Naluma's legs and torso.

The constraints triggered her fear. "No. Ughh." She squirmed against the bindings, growing more violent. The bonds snapped when she reached out with the Force.

"Sedate her!" Dr. Shuren said to the medtechs.

"No. She can't handle it. No sedation." Luke grabbed Naluma by the shoulders. "Naluma. Naluma, look at me."

She struggled more.

"Naluma, I'm here. I'm not going to let them hurt you. Relax. I need you to relax." 

She shuddered.

"Eyes on me. Come on. That's right. Breathe. Just breathe."

Dr. Shuren said, "Master Skywalker, I can't operate if she's conscious. We have to sedate her."