Chapter 25 - The Kattada Imperial Palace

Playlist:

❶ "Maz' Counsel"—The Force Awakens OST

A few hours later as she stared at the overhead in the captain's cabin, Naluma said, "The more I think about it, the more I think we need to assume new identities

A few hours later as she stared at the overhead in the captain's cabin, Naluma said, "The more I think about it, the more I think we need to assume new identities."

Luke nodded at her while getting out of bed. He knew there was more, if only she would trust the Force and follow it. "And?"

While she dressed, she said, "I don't know. I think we're being led to Kattada for two reasons, but it's clouded. Just have a bad feeling about one side of the coin, but something that clicks about the other side."

"What's the game plan, Master Fau?"

"Me?"

"Yes, you. You are calling the shots during this part of your training." Luke gave her hand a gentle squeeze, letting his confidence in her flow through their bond.

"First, hit Zaxyn and get fake IDs from military intelligence, and a fake marriage certificate—Kattada caters to newlyweds and the retirement crowd. Since we're a little young for retirement, how about a second honeymoon?" She gave him a devastating smile.

"Back to the plan, my love, or we're never going to leave here."

"Second, change the ID beacon on the shuttle—oh, yeah, while we're on Zaxyn, I want the hyperdrive looked at again. And the sublight engines are running a bit below norm." Naluma looked around the cabin for a datapad to add those items to her list.

"After Zaxyn, visit Hosnian under our new aliases, buy some new clothes for a tropical resort, maybe a few more meals at Chinot's ..."

"Sounds good to me. Maybe we should make reservations on Kattada first."

"Funny, Luke. You know I can't do that from Ahch-To."

"Just checking if you remembered," he said as he fired the engines for launch.

"Once we reach Endor, I'll make the call. I also need to contact Han about the academy supply order due in a few days."

Luke smiled, grateful she was thinking about her regular duties again, without feeling the stress she used to carry. "All right, one day until Endor."

When they arrived at the Royal Kattada Resort two days later, they moved into their private beach cottage. The white-planked bungalow stood on pylons and boasted its own sitting room, small kitchen, and patio. The ocean lapped at the sandy shores in front of the little house.

Other beach cottages traced along the white-sand beach about a hundred meters apart. A traditional hotel with multiple towers and resort facilities stood north of the beach houses.

During the first week, Naluma chose their activities based on the Force's guidance alone. They spent an ample amount of time in the water, whether on power sleds or in primitive canoes. Luke became an adequate swimmer by the end of the week, but he would never win any races.