Chapter 23 - Confronting Naluma

Playlist:

❶ "Who Are You?"—The Last Jedi OST

Luke discovered Naluma napping in the waiting room, her head resting against the wall behind her

Luke discovered Naluma napping in the waiting room, her head resting against the wall behind her. He sat down beside her and sent his love to her through their bond. She did not stir. He scanned her mind with the Force, finding she was dreaming of him.

He decided to let her sleep. Her psychiatric survey had indicated sleep problems in addition to the other problems. Why wasn't I paying attention? She tossed and turned all night on the shuttle trip over. And she was so quiet, but I was absorbed with my own problems.

He picked her up in his arms and carried her to the shuttle, kissing her on the forehead and wondering how he was going to be able to save his wife and the Jedi Order.

On the shuttle, he secured both of their lightsabers in the weapons locker in the main cabin. He changed the safety device to retinal scan only.

Once she was resting peacefully in the captain's cabin, he transmitted a secured call to Kalder.

He had to initiate the call three times before Kalder answered.

"Jedi Academy. Master Flo'et."

"Kalder, it's Master Luke."

"Everything okay?"

"No. Something's come up. I need you to remain at the academy. Naluma and I won't be back for at least a month."

"What's wrong, Master?" The end of call warning sounded.

"Advanced training. I'll check in periodically. And, Kalder, keep your eye on Ben."

"Yes, Master." The secure link terminated.

Luke launched the shuttle and hopped over to the quartermaster's office a few kilometers away from the med center. After loading a month's worth of supplies into the shuttle, Luke called in an order to Chinot's on Hosnian Prime before departing for the galactic governmental center.

 After loading a month's worth of supplies into the shuttle, Luke called in an order to Chinot's on Hosnian Prime before departing for the galactic governmental center

❶ Halfway to Hosnian, Naluma stirred. As Luke sensed her waking, he became more anxious. He rushed to the cabin and sat on the edge of the bunk, waiting for her to regain consciousness. He stared at her, concerned and unsure how to proceed.