Chapter 14 - Fresh Meat

Playlist:

❶ "In Orbit"—Space Camp OST

⊘ Silence

❷ "Marion's Theme"—Raiders of the Lost Ark OST

❶ By the time the shuttle arrived on Khalkha, the Padawan had learned all the names of the Jedi Order, as well as how to make a bunk, clean a refresher, and clean a galley

❶ By the time the shuttle arrived on Khalkha, the Padawan had learned all the names of the Jedi Order, as well as how to make a bunk, clean a refresher, and clean a galley. They now wore a Padawan service uniform of steel gray with a single, first-year stripe on the shoulder for insignia.

Jedi Ahhzteen said with his hands on his hips, "When the shuttle lands, you will fall out and assemble single file in front of the shuttle, bag in right hand. Follow the Year Group Leader in an orderly manner."

"Sir, yes, sir," the Padawan said in unison.

Tascama followed Jedi Ahhzteen down the ramp with the rest of the Padawan behind her. Before them stood a grand building of stacked stone and picture windows that glinted a warm amber in the dark night. He led them into the lobby of the academy, a room filled with a gigantic fireplace, dark beams, couches, and chairs. Other Padawan stood at attention as the group entered the room.

Jedi Ahhzteen made them wait. After a few minutes, Grand Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and Jedi Master Naluma Fau entered from the wing on the right. Luke wrapped his arm around Naluma's shoulder as they entered the lobby.

"Welcome, Padawan, to the Jedi Academy. I am Grand Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, leader of the Jedi Order. You can call me 'Master Luke.'" His warm smile set most of them at ease.

Tascama focused on the bulging biceps under the uniform and the deep-blue eyes. He's not scary at all. I hope I can make him proud. His eyes made contact with hers, and for a moment she was elated. But her face quickly grew warm, and she averted her eyes from.

Master Naluma said, "I am Jedi Master Naluma Fau, the head of the Jedi Academy. You can call me 'Master Naluma.' If you have any problems or questions your mentors can't answer, come to one of us, and we'll gladly help you. Welcome to the family."

She tilted her head as she gazed into their weary eyes. "Now, I know you're tired. After you call your parents, we'll get you to your dorms right away. Each of you will have an upper Padawan as a dorm prefect. What your prefect says goes. Understood? Good."

She motioned to the prefects who stood at the other end of the room. "En route to the dorms, the prefects will take you to a supply room where you will grab a kit bag of uniforms for the week. Take them to the dorm, store your gear in your gear locker, make your bunk, use the refresher, and get some rack time. Morning run is at 0500. Good night. Dismissed."

"