Chapter 35 - Secrets of Theed

While Luke continued Leia's training, Lor San Tekka kept a watchful eye on the rambunctious Breha

While Luke continued Leia's training, Lor San Tekka kept a watchful eye on the rambunctious Breha. Uncle Luke enjoyed their interactions, although every time he saw the girl, he still longed for a child of his own with Naluma.

The elderly cleric had Breha on his knee and was playing "We have a Bantha, yes we do" with her, like every granddad should. Breha looked up and pulled on San Tekka's beard before sliding down his leg again. While not related by blood, Luke was grateful the two had each other.

Luke stared at Breha again, remembering the image of his mother. "Leia, have you ever visited our mother's tomb?"

Leia shook her head. "I tried once, but they wouldn't let me in. Family and the Royal Court only. I couldn't risk blowing my cover."

Luke could perceive her longing. She wanted to know as much about Padmé as Luke did. "May I use your communicator?"

"Sure. Go right ahead," Leia said. "That one's not secured, though, if you're calling Naluma."

"No, not Naluma. I have an old friend I want you to introduce to you," Luke said as he punched in the code for the call.

"Hello, Cordé? ... this is Jed Darklighter ... Yes, the man you met on the ship on Kattada ... Yes, that's the one ... I was glad to hear that you and Sabé had made it back safely ... No, I had to get Cami to a med center. You saw how she was ... She's doing fine now ... Well, I'm actually on Naboo right now ... Yes ... I was wondering if I could meet up with you and Sabé for tea ..."

Luke heard Sabé in the background. "Cordé, give me that communicator. Cordé, I want to talk to Padmé's boy."

"Lady Sabé," Luke said with a warm smile. "Yes, I'm here. In the Lake Country visiting a family member ... no, not the Naberries."

Luke listened with patience as Sabé related a story about his mother's family.

When she started another story, Luke cut her off. "I don't have much time. Leaving in a few days. I was hoping I could meet you for tea. I have someone I want you to meet ... I have a favor to ask ... Can you get us into the palace to visit her tomb? ... Yes, she's family, Sabé. Thank you. We'll meet you at 1400. Thank you again, Sabé."

"So, who's this mysterious Sabé?"

"One of our mother's handmaidens and decoys. I ran into her about a year ago. If anyone can get is in, she will," Luke said. "We'll need to leave in an hour if we're going to make it in time for tea."