Chapter Twenty-Five: Well...

Greyson

I stood at my locker rearranging my books while Jackson stood next to me watching me intently. I wasn't sure why he was staring at me, he usually did, but not like this. This felt like he was studying the skin cells on my skin. I was simply rearranging all my books and putting out any garbage I had. 

"Why are you staring at me? It's weird." I mentioned.

He continued to stare at me and I sighed and rolled my eyes at him. It was Jackson McKinnon we're talking about, he had to have one flaw and if this was it, then fine.

"Hey, have you seen Hawk?" Tyler asked walking up to both of us and I turned so that I could see him.

"No, which is weird because he usually brings me a drink in the morning." I said looking around with my lips pursed.

"I was in the cafe and he wasn't there, he's not with coach and he is not in the locker room."

"Let me call him." I said opening my phone and hitting his name. The phone rang a few times and then went to voicemail and then I shot him a quick text message, asking him where he was or if he came to school today.

"It went to voicemail, maybe he is late and he is in the shower?" I suggested. I looked behind him to see a snickering Sarah and I raised an eyebrow. She was giggling too much for my liking, and she was looking at us as she did it.

"What's Cow snickering about?" I asked while nudging Jackson.

"She's probably just trying to get on your nerves. It looks like it is working." He chuckled. I glanced around me to see Tennant, Kayce, and Will but no sign of Connor and I had this bad feeling wash over me. Call it twin-tuition but something didn't feel right.

"No, something is wrong and it has Cow written all over it." I murmured while looking around. I watched as a few new people I have never seen came down the hallway to stand next to Sarah.

"Who are those people? What are they?" I asked nodding towards them.

"New kids maybe?" Tyler asked. The three stopped next to Sarah and they smirked while looking over at us and I shook my head.

"Something is wrong. She had something to do with it. Where's Connor?" I said stepping forward and looking at her.

"And I'll kill her if she did anything." I threatened knowing she could hear me. I walked down the hall with Tyler and Jackson following close behind me.

"What do you think they did?" Tyler asked and I could hear how nervous he was and I placed a hand on his shoulder and stopped walking.

"Like I said, if she did something. I will kill her." I assured.

"Looks like she's dead..." Jackson whispered. I turned and looked at the dark grey boys' bathroom door. It was an abandoned bathroom because all the stalls were broken and the urinals were cracked. It was usually used for the casual hook-up, the occasional drug deal. The principal saw no issue with the broken washroom and it wasn't one that was close to the front of the building so nobody could see it. However, on the door was a barely visible handprint that was blood in colour and next to it was a red lipstick stain.

"That is so unsanitary." Tyler whispered.

Jackson pushed open the door and laying against the wall with a bloodied head, broken nose and cut open cheek was Connor. My heart hammered in my chest and I ran over and bent down next to him and he chuckled shaking his head. He opened his eyes and his one eye was red and purple. Anger coursed through me as I held his face carefully, checking every inch of him for any other injury.

"Connor, what the fuck happened?" I asked.

"I don't know..." He whispered before his head lolled to the side. His healing process wasn't as quick as mine, judging by these injuries, it would take him a while before he could finally be back to normal.

"Connor?" I asked worriedly while patting his cheek.

"Grey..." Tyler breathed. I turned around and looked at Hawk who was flat on his back. His one hand was crushed and there was blood on the stall from it. A large cut was down his face and I looked at the mirror shard on the ground next to him and I growled feeling my nails grow long.

"Hey." I said lifting Tyler's face and he stared at me, fear written across his face. I pulled out some of the alpha tone to make him snap out of it. I needed him to work with me and I rather have him go get my brothers and be safe with the three of them.

"Go get Will, Ten and Kayce. You and Will, will take these two home. You're with me jackass." I said to Jackson. Tyler ran out the door and I stood up gripping the roots of my hair and I took a deep breath.

"You alright, Grey?" Jackson asked softly.

"No, I'm not fucking alright." I snapped. I looked at the cracked mirror and my fist swung out and I shattered it even more. I pulled back my fist and looked at my bloodied knuckles which healed in a few seconds and I felt my canines descend over my lip.

"What are you going to do?" He asked.

"Break her nose, bust her lip, crush her hand...repay what she did. An eye for an eye with that bitch. I don't even want to see her walking." I said lightly touching Hawk's hand which was desperately trying to heal.

"And what do you want me to do?" He asked.

"Help us out. See if you're actually good enough to hang with the Blackwood's." I said forcing a smile.

"Of course." He nodded.

"Also, because I can't do this alone. They hurt Connor." I whispered while bending down next to my twin brother.

"I got you." Jackson said while rubbing my shoulders.