Chapter Twenty-Four: Falling For You

Greyson

"No way..." I whispered while watching him play. His hands moved across the keys effortlessly, those hands that are used to throw a damn football or to grab my hip were now elegantly playing an instrument.

"Isn't he amazing? He plays here every Saturday. Everyone loves him." The waitress said while smiling at him and setting down a water at Jackson's spot and I looked at her.

"Does he now?" I asked. I rested my chin on my hand and watched Jackson curiously. He finished off the gorgeous song and many people began clapping as Jackson stepped off and another man resumed on the piano. He came over with a smile on his face. The top few buttons on his shirt were undone and he ran a hand through his hair and I just stared at him while sipping my drink, because my mouth had gone dry. 

Not only was this man good looking, he was tall, he played sports, he was smart, he was kind, he was sweet, and now he fucking played music.

Of course the Gods had to ridicule me with a perfect mate.

"Sorry, baby." He said while sitting down, not before reaching across and kissing my cheek.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to play and why didn't you tell me you could play?" I asked.

"You never asked and I don't just share this with everyone. It is more of a hidden talent." He shrugged.

"You're amazing at it, you idiot. I'm amazing at fighting, I don't hide it."

"You're also an amazing writer and you hide it." He pointed out. I blushed and shook my head while taking a sip of my drink.

"I am not an amazing writer." I said shaking my head.

"That's not what I heard. Connor said you were." He said and I gave him an annoyed look while shaking my head.

"Connor read one story that he wasn't supposed to read. I am not a good writer. You are a terrific pianist and you shouldn't hide it."

"Well, while we wait for our food. Shall we dance, baby?" He asked while holding out his hand and I gaped at him. Now the Gods were just laughing at me.

"You know how to dance, too? Jackson McKinnon, you are actually a secret gentleman. What happened to your varsity football jacket and cocky attitude?" I asked while staring at his hand and he sent me a smile that I think was genuine. I'm not too sure, I haven't seen it before but it made me feel relaxed and dare I say...loved.

"I'd drop all of that life for the girl I'm falling for. I'd be anyone she wants me to be." He said and my heart melted.

For fuck sakes.

"I don't want you to be someone for me. I want you to be you." I said while he took my hand in his and I stood up with him as we stood next to the other couples who were dancing and he squeezed my hand and wrapped his other arm behind my back, placing his hand on the side of my hip protectively and pulling me flush against him and I smiled up at him.

"Really? It seems like you don't like me. You do tell me to fuck off on a regular basis." He smirked while looking down at me.

"I know. But that is how I am. You gotta take it or leave it. Besides, who else will I banter with, anyone else I say that to, they get made at me." I said quietly and he smiled.

"Baby, if it meant that you actually loved me, and you wanted to be with me. You can tell me to fuck off whenever you want to. As long as it means you love me." He said and I couldn't resist but I laid my head on his chest. His arms circled around me and he kissed my head sweetly. I found a tear drop down my face and he pulled back.