Chapter Nine: You Have A Friend?

^^ William Blackwood

Chapter Nine: You Have A Friend?

Greyson

I stepped into the kitchen after showering. I had lacrosse practice and I didn't like showering at school. The locker rooms were disgusting. At my house, I was secure in my own bathroom in our clean showers that I cleaned myself and made sure that they were up to my standards.

The usual scene was in the kitchen. Mom at the counter going over our pack house bills, dad standing beside her watching her with a smile on his face and occasionally going over important emails. Then my uncles and aunts at the table going over pack training, defences and playing cards. Connor, Kayce, William, and Tennant sat outside on the deck on our comfy swinging beds, couches and tables doing homework.In our world, the weather was always nice and our backyard was done to the nines, something that mom made sure dad put in. She loved being outside and she said it was something that calmed her. Mom worked hard getting her emotions in check. She was even a yoga mom now, getting up early to stretch outside in the morning air or some shit, definitely not something I would be doing any time soon.

"Mom, dad...my friend is coming over for dinner." I declared. Like that everyone stopped moving and looked at me.

"Shut the fuck up." Uncle Sam said.

"You have a friend?" Connor asked.

"An imaginary one?" Uncle Blake asked.

"Sam, fuck off, Connor enough and Blondie be quiet." Mom snapped quickly and all three of them immediately shut their mouths at her tone...except for uncle Sam.

"Why is it only me fuck off?" Uncle Sam asked her.

"Because you piss me off." She smirked.

"I have to see it to believe it. Grey said she was turning over a new leaf and going to get a friend. It's Hawk isn't it?" Tennant asked coming into the kitchen to grab a pop. I folded my arms and grabbed his hair that was tied back and pulled it.

"Ow! I'm sorry!" He said and I smiled triumphantly.

"Who is your friend? A bird?" Uncle Finn asked.

"No. It is a normal human being, his name is Hawk Bloodmoon, he likes to be called Foster though."

"A boy?" Mom asked grinning.

"Your mate!?" Uncle Sam screamed.

"Already? I thought you said you weren't going to be mated to anyone?" Dad asked andI thanked him for asking the only normal question. Dad was always happy that I kept to myself and that I didn't ever talk about wanting a mate. Ever.

"No, he is not my mate. He is new to school and we became friends quickly." I explained. The doorbell rang and I jumped slightly.

"I swear if any of you embarrass me I will beat you up and break you in half." I threatened through gritted teeth. I jogged to the door and opened it. Hawk stood in shorts and a lacrosse hoodie.

"Night Hawk." I smiled.

"Hey Grey." He smiled back. I shut the door behind him and he followed me into the kitchen.

"Hawk, this is my mom and dad." I said and my mom shook his hand as did my dad.

"Nice to meet you, Hawk. I'm Logan and this is my husband, Johnny." Mom smiled.

"And those are my important aunts and uncles." I teased while pointing to the small crowd that sat around the table together and Hawk did a small wave and nod as they did the same back to him.

"That's uncle Sam and uncle Finn, aunt Lilith and uncle Blake- but everyone calls him Blondie. Then uncle Ryan." I explained.

"Hawk, like a bird." Uncle Sam laughed.

"Sam! Fucki-er, be nice!" Mom said quickly and Hawk laughed.

"It's cool." Hawk waved off.
-----

We sat outside with my brothers and it soon began to get dark, Hawk got along with my brothers and my brothers were the only people I liked at school so I didn't mind hanging out with them with him. I also loved being outside, especially in the dark where I could look up at the stars in the sky.

"Any hot girls from your old school, Hawk?" Connor asked.

"Yes, all Connor does is think with his dick." I teased and he shoved me with his foot.

"A few, my school was a lot smaller than the academy. Nicer people, though. We didn't have girls like Sarah Cowell or hardcore jocks like Jackson McKinnon and his friends." Hawk explained. That sounded like a dream to me. A nice quiet school without those annoying personalities sounded like the ultimate vacation.

"I'm waiting for the day when a McKinnon says something to me." Tennant said while lighting a cigarette. I waved the smoke from my face and faked a cough.

"I'm with you there. I'm ready to knock one of them out." I agreed.

"Even your mate Jack? You looked so comfy the other day with him, what happened to that?" Connor asked and I just stared at him.

"He said something that made me happy and I have been avoiding him." I shrugged.

"He said something that made you happy so you're avoiding him. That makes sense to you?"  Connor asked.

"Yes. I don't care. I told him that I don't want a mate."

"I still don't understand as to why you wouldn't want a mate. Don't you want kids?" Will asked confused.

"And bring more people like me into the world? Are you crazy. One of me is enough."

"True. A few more Greyson's and they might start a 'fight to the death' fight club." Connor laughed.

"First rule of fight club is don't talk about fight club, come on man." I laughed while pushing his shoulder.