Chapter Eight: Emotions

^^ Kayce Blackwood

Chapter Eight: Emotions

Greyson

"How do you shut off your emotions?" Ms. Shepherd asked with a confused look on her face. She tapped her pen lightly against her notepad that contained numerous pages of writing about me. She thought of me as an experiment, a project she could change. I told her she should just write a book about me if she was that curious, however, she'd have to give me half of the royalties she'd earn from it.

"You stop thinking." I answered simply. Her eyes studied me carefully before she asked another question;

"How do you stop thinking?"

"I have gotten good at it. Before, I would focus on one object and I would zone out. Now? I can simply shake my head, roll out my shoulders and I don't think about anything. I don't get anxious or nervous so I don't have to deal with that." She made a 'mmm' sound and wrote some things down.

"Jackson McKinnon." She stated with a smirk on her face. It was hard with Shepherd. Sometimes she was as nice as pie and sometimes it was like she wanted a reaction out of me. Instead, I smiled back.

"Quarterback, right? I'm on the cheer squad now, guess I have to know these things." I said while playing the game with her. If she wanted preppy cheerleader Greyson, that is what she would get. Two can play at this fucking game.

"I heard what Sarah Cowell said. About you, Jackson and that new boy, Hawk."

"Did you now?" I asked while slightly cocking my head to the side.

"I did. How do you feel about it?" She asked.

"Do you believe it?"

"No, I have known you for too long for you to do something like that. You also told me you never had a boyfriend and you never want a boyfriend."

"Good. If you believed her your nose probably would have been broken."

"Threatening a teacher, Ms. Blackwood?"

"Of course not, Alexandra." I smiled. A smile broke out on her face and she sighed, you could tell she was annoyed by me. Poor girl had no choice but to listen to me speak, the principal wanted me to come here.

"Sarah Cowell didn't suffer a broken nose last week." She informed and I shrugged.

"Fantastic?"

"You don't care that you are hurting this poor girls' face?" She asked.

"Poor? Care? Sarah Cowell is not a helpless little girl. On my scale of importance she is down here with everyone else." I said putting my hand low to the ground.

"I could care less if she broke a bone. I'm just pissed that I didn't break her nose."

"Alright, go on. Get to class." She informed while sighing and I stood up and went to leave but I paused, I couldn't leave with mentioning it.

"Have fun with Coach Fields." I waved and she rolled her eyes as I left and made my way to my locker. Hawk stood waiting for me while playing on his phone. I liked Hawk, he was a quiet guy and hated hanging around the crowd that my brothers hung around with. He was definitely interesting and someone I could see myself easily getting along with. I guess mom was right when she mentioned that I should try and find my person.

"Night Hawk." I said while opening my locker.

"Hey Grey, how was Shepherd?" He asked.

"She hates me. Probably because I don't bend and form into the person she wants me to be."

"And who would Greyson Blackwood be if she were to conform to society's standards?" He asked curiously.

"Normal? Blonde? She wouldn't play boys' lacrosse and would probably have a boyfriend, I would also probably be on student council and have an updated sweater vest collection. Like the ones in those teen movies? I look good in pink." I suggested and he chuckled while swinging an arm around my shoulders.

"Hey, if I don't find my mate, I will be your boyfriend. I won't touch you, I won't get in your way and I won't annoy you." He offered.

"As lovely as that is, your mate is out there, Night Hawk." I said.

"Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. Are you ever going to call me Foster? Or even just Hawk?" He asked.

"Nope."

"So ol' Jack really likes you, eh?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Really? You're calling him Jack too? Since when did you two become best friends?"

"He's like me." He countered.

"And what makes you think he likes me?" I asked curiously.

"Maybe because you guys are mates?" I turned quickly causing Hawk to stop and he looked down at me as I jabbed my finger into his chest. How would he know this? Unless he talked to one of my idiot brothers. Or, Jackson probably told him, because Jackson is annoying and doesn't know how to keep his damn mouth shut.

"Who told you that?" I asked.

"Jack, Connor, Kayce, Will, and Tennant." He said happily.

"And you were talking to all of them without me? Night Hawk, do you not know how I act?" I asked.

"Like you can't control your emotions and you fight everyone in your path?"

"Good job. Listen, I'm not interested in mating Jackson McKinnon. I wouldn't want to be my mate."

"I think it would be a good laugh to have you as a mate." He teased while rubbing my shoulders.