Chapter Six: A New Leaf

Greyson

"A new leaf, eh?" Tennant asked while we stood outside. Tennant was having a smoke at lunch. Out of all of us it was only Tennant who smoked and when mom and dad confronted him about it he pulled the card that they used to smoke too. Tennant enjoyed the simple things in life. He liked smoking, he liked drugs, he didn't like sports as much, but he played them and he enjoyed basking in silence with me. He was fairly calm out of all my brothers.

"Yea, maybe I should attempt to make friends at some point. You guys all have your friends outside of us, I should try to find a...companion." I said uncomfortably.

"All right Grey, you already sound uncomfortable there is no way you are going to be able to find a friend." He chuckled as he blew out a cloud of smoke and I rubbed my chin while looking out at all of the students.

"You're an ass." I growled shoving Ten.

"Calm down, see this is why you won't be able to make friends. Stop being so angry all the time. You're scary." He said whispering the last part and I rolled my eyes.

"That's the goal." I said going back inside the school.

"Hey sweetheart." Jackson said coming up behind me and walking just slightly behind me and I wanted to slam my head against the locker next to me, but I tried my best to keep my cool.

"Fuck off, Jackson." I said.

So much for keeping my cool.

"Ouch. You're always so mean to me, beautiful." He said flashing that famous smirk. He pushed up his sleeves to reveal some of the tattoos on his arms, I glanced at them briefly before looking along the hallway.

"How are you, beautiful? Good weekend?" I rolled my eyes and looked at him.

"Fuck off, Jackson." I said again.

"I'm going to my locker, sweetheart." He said in a soft voice and I sighed. We stopped at our lockers and he watched me as I opened mine.

"Stop watching me, Jackson."

"You know, no one calls me 'Jackson' anymore but you. I love it, it's hot." He smirked.

"Yea? Go ask Cowell, she can help you out if you get too excited. I heard that is her specialty as of late." I said bending down to fix my cheer shoes in my bag.

"Is that...no way!" He said looking over and I quickly stuffed my clothes away behind my lacrosse gear and I squeezed my eyes shut while counting to three.

"I told you to fuck off, Jackson." I growled.

"You're going back into cheerleading? Fields said you wouldn't do it!" He said excitedly and I looked up at him confused.

"Why are you so excited? Your excitement is hurting my black soul." I grumbled.

"I remember in grade nine, I was on the sidelines because I wasn't starting quarter back yet. You fed that girl, I didn't see all of it but I heard that it was amazing." He chuckled while bending down next to me. I moved a few strands of hair out of my face and behind my ear and smiled.

"It was a good right hook." I whispered.

"You have to tell me the full story, Grey." He chuckled. The bell rang and it shocked me back into my thoughts and the warm fuzzy feeling in my chest. The sparks started in my toes and fingers and I quickly shook my head and tried to shut my emotions off.

"Uh, we have class." I said awkwardly while standing up. I quickly grabbed my books and I made my way to class and into the back. I sat down and rested my palms on my desk and I took a deep breath. I shoved my head phones in my ears and sat peacefully for the whole class. Jackson would glance at me occasionally and I would not look back at him.

"You all right?" Connor asked nudging me.

"Fine." I answered.

---

"Listen, Grey. Whatever I said, I'm sorry." Jackson said to me while we were at our lockers. This kid would not give up, I mean why can he not put all this devotion into something else, like school work or sports or just another hobby. Maybe he can take up crocheting or role playing or something.

"It's Greyson, Jackson. It has the same word in your name and I'm fine." I snapped.

"You're definitely not smiley and happy anymore."

"I am never smiley and happy. I'm angry and mean, if you know me you would know that." I said glancing up into his eyes.

"I do know that, Greyson. Seriously, I'm sorry for anything I said which I'm not sure what I said because I don't think I said anything bad. But! If I did, I'm sorry and I won't say it again, although you would have to tell me what it is that I said-"

"Jackson, shut up!" I snapped quite loudly and he paused for a moment before he went and opened his mouth again.

"We need to go back to telling each other to fuck off and you hitting on me shamelessly. Don't talk to me like a nice person." I pleaded.

"Why?" He asked confused.

"Because I'm not a nice person. Gods! Go have a go at Cow. Let me cheer in peace." I grumbled while grabbing my bags.

"Full of bullshit." Tennant said. Connor, Will, Tennant and Kayce came next to me as we walked outside, they must have heard the full conversation between Jackson and I, but I wasn't going to let them know that. I never said I needed to be friends with Jackson.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Oh, we heard the full conversation with your mate there." Connor smirked.

"He's not my mate."

"Oh he is, you told us and he is trying to be your friend. Thought you were making friends?" Tennant asked.

"Yea! Not with Jackson." I denied.

"Why? There are no stipulations. You said you would make a friend. So make one, Grey. Turn over a new leaf." Will said.

"What is this turning into? Making Jackson McKinnon your best friend?" Connor asked frowning.

"Connor, help me. They are being so mean. All Jackson McKinnon does is sleep with girls like you guys." I pleaded. Connor looked at me and sighed.

"I see Jackson McKinnon around you, I'm going to murder him." He assured and I smiled and turned triumphantly and my other three brothers looked at me. I could manipulate almost all of them, but big brother Connor was always willing to come to my rescue if I did my best playing the pleading little sister act.

"Live on my own with no mate." I smirked while turning in a circle with my arms out.

"Grey, we don't want you growing up alone." William sighed.

"And why are we having this conversation in a parking lot? I'm not alone."

"Grey, one day we are all going to move out. Not all of us will stay here. We don't want you alone. You gotta find someone to keep you at a middle ground." Kayce said.

"Middle ground? The hell is that supposed to mean?" I snapped.

"Grey, chill." Connor said.

"Middle ground? You think I'm crazy?" I growled.

"Greyson!" Connor said and I sighed.

"I'm fine." I whispered while going to the gym.