Chapter Thirty-Nine

I had my doctors appointment but she didn't give me the green light. She wanted to us to wait a couple more weeks, give everything a little more time to heal. Ronnie was understanding, I could tell he was disappointed. He would be gone in a week for four weeks.

I tried to not let it bother me that he was leaving again. I knew it would go fast with having the baby and all. But it was never the same as when he was home. My world was complete when he was here. I would make it. Maybe he would actually finish this one I thought.

"Baby." I heard him call. "Can you help me with this bag?" He asked me. I walked over and zipped it for him while he was pulling the sides together. "Thanks." He said when it was zipped. I smiled and went to walk away when he caught my arm. I walked back to him. "You alright, Cassie?" He asked me, putting his arms around me.

"Yeah. I'm just going to miss you like always." I told him.

"I'm going to miss you just as much, and Joey too." He told me. "And when I get home," he said pulling me closer. "I'm taking you away somwhere. And I'm going to make love to you over and over." He said kissing me hard. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him back.

We let go of each other, knowing we had to stop but not wanting to. He walked away and I played with my new locket around my neck. He got it for me for Christmas. In the shape of a heart, diamonds outlining it. Two pictures inside. The same one he put in my old one, and a picture of Joey. He is and will always be the love of my life.

At the end of the week, Joey and I drove him to meet the guys so they could leave. Ronnie held my hand the whole way there, telling me over and over how much he loves me and Joey. I know he does, I see it in the way he looks at me, touches me. I see it in the way he is with our son. How his eyes lights up when he sees Joey. It's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

We got out of the car and Ronnie grabbed Joey's car seat and carried him out. The guys ran over, taking turns talking to him and seeing if he's smiling yet. I keep telling them it would be a while, he's still small. I watched with silent tears as Ronnie grabbed his bags and took them to the bus. He came right back out, putting Joey back in the car and pulling me in his arms.

"I love you so much baby." He told me. He grabbed my head and forced me to look at him. He wiped my tears away and kissed me. "I'll be back before you know it." He told me. I started crying harder and I nodded my head.

"I love you too, Ronnie." I told him pulling him down for another kiss. We held onto each other, never wanting to let go.

Ryan walked up. "Ronnie, man, it's time." Ronnie nodded his head and looked at me. He kissed and hugged me tight. He leaned down and kissed Joey's head and told Joey that he loves him. He stood back up and looked at me. He smiled and kissed me one last time, telling me he loves me. He let go and walked to the bus, at the door he turned, smiled at me, blew a kiss and walked on it.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Ronnie had been gone for a couple weeks now. Only a couple more and he would be home. I couldn't wait. I went back to see Shelly and she said everything was good and said I was good to go. Now I just needed Ronnie home.

One rainy day, I had just put Joey down after feeding him when my phone rang. It was Ryan. Which was weird because he never calls me. I started panicking thinking that something happened to Ronnie.

"Ryan? Is everything ok?" I asked him.

"Cassie, everything is fine. Ronnie is fine." He told me. I took a deep breath and smiled. "He's just annoying the shit out of everyone." He said and I laughed.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"All he does is tell everyone how much he misses you and the baby. He talks about just leaving the tour because he wants to be with you. You have to do something." He said desperately.

I laughed. "Awww, I think it's sweet. What is it you want me to do?" I asked him.

"Raquel and Michael are coming over. I've arranged for your flight to New York. We're playing a couple shows here, so you'll have your own room with him. We can do some sight seeing. You can come to the shows." He said.

I was shocked. "Ryan, I can't just leave I have a baby." I told him. Although I wanted to see Ronnie so bad.

"Cassie, please. It's just a couple days. And it's Raquel and Michael. You leave in four hours, you'll be here just in time for the show tonight. Osma will pick you up at the airport. We'll have this whole surprise for him on stage. It will be epic." He said laughing.

"Alright. I can't wait to see him. I'll be there." I told him.

I took Joey up stairs in his seat and got to work on packing some clothes. I was so excited but so nervous at the same time. Right when we got back down stairs, Raquel and Michael walked in. "Are you sure you guys are up for this?" I asked them.

"Cassie," Raquel said. "We got this. Go see your man." She said laughing.

"Alright," I said grabbing my bag. "There is frozen breast milk in the freezer. Just thaw it in hot water, not the microwave and mix in a scoop of formula. There should be plenty in there." I told her.

"I got it. Michael take her to the airport." I gave her a quick hug and thanked her again and we were on our way.

Micheal dropped me off and I made my way to the counter and picked up my ticket. I made my way to the gate and sat down. I decided to text Ronnie.

Cassie:
Hey babe. Just letting you know that I'm calling it a night early. I'm exhausted. I love you so much. Can't wait to see you and take that trip. 😚😍

Ronnie:
Hey baby. Alright. I wish I was there to help you. I miss you both so much. I love you too. 😚

I smiled and put my phone away. I stood up as they called my flight and couldn't wait to see Ronnie.