Chapter Twenty-Six

I woke up that morning to Ronnie's alarm blaring. I felt him roll over and shut it off and then he rolled over to me and lightly kissed my shoulder.
"Cassie. It's time to get up baby." He told me. He moved his arm around my waist and hugged me from behind.
I turned my head and smiled at him. I was determined that I would not cry today at least not in his presence. He kissed my cheek and got out of bed.
"You know," he said getting out clothes. "I could just have Ryan come get me. That way you can sleep. I know how tired you've been lately." He told me.
I sat up. "No it's fine. I'll take you. It will give me a chance to say bye to the guys." I told him. I just wanted to spend every minute, every second with him. I got up and went to the dresser getting out clothes. I quickly dressed and threw my hair in a braid. He grabbed his bags and we headed down stairs.
"Do you want anything to eat?" I asked him. "I can make you whatever you want." I said walking past him and into the kitchen. He blocked my way and took me in his arms.
"Thanks baby. But I'm not hungry." He said sweetly. I nodded my head. "Besides, we need to get going anyway." We went out to his car and he put his bags in the trunk. I tried to help but he wouldn't let me. Once we were in and driving it started feeling real. He was really leaving. "Raquel is at your beck and call. So if you need anything call her please. No lifting anything heavy. Dad said he might come and stay with you too." Ronnie told me.
"He doesn't need to. I'll be fine. I know what I can do and what I can't. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow remember." I told him.
"I remember," he told me. "It sucks I can't be there. You get to hear the heartbeat tomorrow, right?" He asked.
"I'm suppose to. Raquel's going to go with me." I told him. "In about six weeks, will know what we're having. I can't wait for that!" I told him.
He smiled. I knew he was upset cause he wouldn't be here for any of it. I know he wants to be involved in everything. It just didn't work out that way. We pulled into the parking lot and everyone was already there. I dreaded this part, I always have. He parked and I went to open the door to get out but he stopped me by grabbing my arm. I looked at him concerned, but he leaned down and gave me a sweet kiss before getting out.
"Cassie! We were wondering if you were going to come with Ronnie." Zakk said. They all turned and started walking to me.
"I was thinking of kidnapping him, but you guys might need him a little." I told him.
"Thanks for that." Osma said walking over and putting his arm around me. "How's the momma doing today?" He asked.
"I'm alright. Just tired, all the time." I told him.
"Well maybe with Ronnie gone, you might actually get some rest!" Michael said.
"Haha, very funny." I told him. The rest of the guys came up and we all talked for a minute. They all wanted to know about the baby and how I was doing. Ronnie was acting distant. He just stood over by the car watching, not even talking. The bus door opened and they were told to start loading their stuff.
I went to grab one of Ronnie's bags, "Damn it, Cassie! I told you no lifting that shit. Don't you ever listen?" He snapped at me, grabbing the bag out of my hand.
"I'm sorry. I was just trying to help." I told him. I didn't know why all of a sudden he was acting like this with me. I felt tears in my eyes and I turned away.
"Ronnie. That was a little harsh." Ryan said.
"I have been asking and asking her not to do that, and she doesn't listen." He told Ryan.
"I get that you're worried, but you're leaving. You don't want to leave it this way." He said. Ronnie looked over at me and walked on to the bus. I didn't even know if he would come back out to.say goodbye. Maybe last night was our goodbye.
I stood there not knowing whether I should stay or go. I stood there for at least 20 minutes before I turned around and started heading for the car. I let the tears fall. This wasn't the goodbye I wanted. I never wanted for him to leave this way. Just as I was nearing the car, I heard him.
"Cassie!" He said. I turned and saw him running over to me. He stopped when he was in front of me. He lifted his hand and silently wiped the tears from my eyes. "I'm sorry baby. I just keep telling you not to lift that stuff. I just need you to listen, please." He told me.
"I know. I'm sorry too. I just wanted to help you." I told him.
"Ronnie.! It's time dude." Christian said.
He turned back to me. He leaned down and kissed me like he would never kiss me again.
He lifted his head. "I have to go. Take care of yourself please, and my baby." He told me laughing.
"I will." I said.
"I love you so much Cassie. Don't you ever forget that." He told me
"I know. I love you too." He kissed me once more, then turned and walked to the bus. I stayed there till they left. Till I couldn't see the bus anymore. I got in the car, rested my head on the steering wheel and cried.