Chapter Twenty-Three

We all swam around for a while, splashing and playing around. Ronnie made sure I wasn't around the guys when they were getting rowdy. He didn't want me to get hit. Amanda, every once in a while, would walk up close to Ronnie and made sure she touched him somehow. Brushing her arm against his, accidently touching his hand, laughing at all his jokes. It was really starting to piss me off. Raquel could tell and just gave me a look.
  I decided I was done and walked out of the pool. I was getting really hungry. "Hey Ryan, when is the food  going to be done? I'm starving." I told him.
  "Now you're hungry." Ronnie said. I shushed him and looked at Ryan as he made his way out of the pool.
  "What do you want, sweetheart? I'll make you anything." He said to me.
  "Ummm, a hamburger please." I said.
  "You got it." He said.
  Raquel and I went and sat at the table and talked about everything. "You feeling alright?" She asked. I nodded.
  "Just hungry." I told her. Eventually everyone got out of the pool and made their way over to the table. Ronnie  sat next to me, with Michael on the other side of Raquel. Once my hamburger was done, I got up to go to get some stuff from the kitchen. When I came back out, Amanda was sitting in my chair; trying her best to get Ronnie's attention.
  I looked at Michael and he shrugged his shoulders and gave her an evil look. I almost laughed. I walked back over to my seat and stood there. "Can I have my seat back?" I asked her. I didn't want to be rude.
  "There's chairs over there." She pointed. Ronnie looked over at her.
  "You're in her chair." He told her.
  "There's more over there." She said again.
  "Yeah, so go sit over there." He told her. She wouldn't move.
  "Baby, come here." He called. I walked over to him and he pulled me into his lap. "Even better." He said.
  I smiled at him. I ate everything on my plate, it tasted so good. I haven't ate this much in a long time. Must be the baby, I thought to myself.
  "So," Amanda said. "You guys ready for Warped?" She asked.
  "Yeah, it's always fun." Derek told her. "Cassie. You're coming with us, right? It's not the same when you're not there." He said.
  I saw Amanda roll her eyes. "Not this time." I told him.
  They all started talking and asking why all at once. "I can't." I looked at Ronnie, and he nodded his head. "Doctors orders." I told them.
  "Wait. What?" Christain asked. "You're ok, right?"
  "What's going on?" Zakk asked.
  "I'm fine. I'm pregnant." I told them. They just looked at me, jaws on the floor, in total shock.
  "Oh my God, guys that's awesome. Congrats!" Ryan said.
  They all made their way over to me to hug me and make sure I was ok. Derek was the last one. He gave me the biggest hug of all. He looked at Ronnie, still holding me. "You better take care of her." He told him.
  "I am." He said reaching for me.
  "I'm not done yet." Derek said. He looked down at me. "If he doesn't take care of you, you tell me. I'll put him in his place." He told me. I smiled and kissed his cheek.
  "Can I have my girl back please?" Ronnie asked him.
  He finally released me and Ronnie pulled me in front of him and wrapped his arms around my waist. He started talking to the guys about the tour, set lists, and other stuff. All the while, running his hands over my stomach. Raquel looked at me and smiled. I slighy turned around and kissed Ronnie's neck. I made my over to the lounge chairs and sat next to Raquel.
  We just sat there in blissful silence, watching these amazing men talk and laugh. Acting crazy. Ronnie picked up Zakk and threw him into the pool, but Zakk managed to pull Ronnie in with him. I was going to miss this so much when they left. The parties, the laughter. Ronnie. Especially Ronnie. Two days. That's all I had left with him. I looked away, suddenly very emotional.
  I got up and walked into the house. The last thing I wanted was any of them seeing was me being upset. I walked into Ryan's room and sat on his bed, I buried my head in my hands and cried. I hated when he left, once he was gone it got easier to live with it, but the watching him leave was so hard.
  "Cassie, you in here?" Michael asked opening the door. He walked in and stood in front of me. "What's wrong?" He asked when he saw my face. I shook my head, I couldn't stop crying. He sat down next to me and rubbed my back.
  "Cassie, calm down." He pleaded. I nodded and tried to breath. I felt like I was having a panic attack. "I'll go get Ronnie." He said, leaving.
  I wiped my eyes. I didn't want Ronnie to see me so upset. The door opened and he walked in.
  "Baby? What's wrong?" He asked. I walked over and threw myself into his arms. He held me and let me cry till I was done. He put his hands on the sides of my head and lifted my eyes to his. "Talk to me." He pleaded.
  "You're leaving. I know you have to, I know it's your job. But I really hate it." I told him.
  He wiped my tears away. "I know baby. I hate leaving you, too." He said. "It won't be forever. I'll be back before you know it." He said with a sweet smile.
  "I'm sorry." I told him. He shook his head and hugged me again. "You'd think I would use to this by now." I told him with a little laugh.
  "I don't think you ever get used to it. You still have Raquel she'll be with you. I asked to stay with you. I hate the idea of you being alone." He told me. I nodded my head.
  "Can we go? I'm really tired." I asked him.
  "Yeah. Let's go." He said. We said our goodbyes and headed home. It felt like we were home in five seconds. As soon as he started driving, I feel asleep. The next thing I knew, he was laying me in our bed.
  "Ronnie?" I called.
  "I'm right here, baby." He said.
  "I love you." I told him rolling over.