Chapter Nine

I woke up the next morning on my side with Ronnie's arm drapped around my waist and his leg drapped over mine. I couldn't move if my life depended on it. But I loved the feeling.  I smiled to myself thinking about last night. I was very happy to find out that last night was not a dream.
  I felt him stirring behind me and felt his arm tighten around me, if even possible. He moved his hand up to my  neck and moved my hair aside. He leaned up and started leaving tender kisses on my neck.
  "Good morning." I said to him. Rolling over I looked at him and smiled.
  "Good morning, beautiful." He replied. Kissing me softly.
  I pulled away and started to get out of bed. "Where are you going, baby?" He asked.
  "I'm hungry. I thought I would make us breakfast." I told him slipping on my panties and my robe.
  "Hmmm. I missed you cooking for me." He said. "Maybe you could cook.... naked." He said. "I would love to... help." He said, sliding out of bed.
  "No, I don't think we would get much cooking done." I said laughing. I walked out of the room just before he could grab me. I walked down the stairs and saw the mess in the living room. Clothes all over the place. I reached down and picked up our clothes. I took them into the laundry room and decided to put on his shirt. I found a pair of short shorts in the dryer and put them on as well.
  I walked into the kitchen and was just going to pull out a pan when there was a knock at the door. I went and opened it.
  "Osma. What are you doing here?" I asked.
  "Raquel is coming, she's on the phone. We thought we would take you to breakfast, try to get your mind off of Ronnie." He said.
  "It's alright. I was just going to make something." I told him.
  "No, it's my treat. I need you to know how sorry I am about last night. I didn't realize that you were still hurting that bad. I feel like I let you down." He said.
  "It's fine. I overreacted....a lot. I forgive you. And I'm sorry for yelling at you. I was just going to take a shower anyway. Maybe we can hang out later." I told him.
  "Cassie," Raquel and Ronnie said at the same time.
  Raquel and Osma just looked at me as Ronnie walked down the stairs, shirtless.
  "Hey guys." He said to them. "That's where my shirt went," he said looking at me. "It looks better on you anyways." He said, leaning down and stealing a kiss.
  "So, Ronnie. You stayed here last night?" Raquel asked, smiling. 
  "Not that it's anyone's business, but yes." He said looking from one to the other. "We had a lot to talk about."
  "I bet," she said smiling. "Love the hickey on your neck, Cass." She said laughing.
  Osma looked at me and Ronnie. I could tell he wasn't thrilled with the idea. But he didn't say anything.
  "So, ummm... did you guys want to stay and eat?" I asked them both.
  "No," Osma said. "I can see you're doing just fine. We will leave you guys alone, to talk." He said walking out the door.
  I moved closer to Ronnie and he put his arm around me. "That was a little cold." I said.
  "Nah.... He'll come around." Raquel said. "New job jitters and all." She said looking at us. "I'm so happy you guys are working on this. You look so cute together and happy." She told us.
  "We are." Ronnie told her, looking at me. He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine, I closed my eyes taking in the feeling.
  "Ok, I'm going. I can't watch this anymore. See ya." She said walking out and shutting the door.
  I managed to get out of Ronnie's grasp and made my way to the kitchen, him following close behind me. "What did you want to eat? Pancakes? Eggs?" I asked him, looking in the fridge. I felt him walk up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist.
  "Hmmmm.... how about you." He said, slipping his hands up my shirt.
  "Ronnie." I moaned as his hands gripped my breasts. I tilted my head back to lean against his shoulder and closed my eyes. I loved when he touched me, there was nothing like it. He bit into my neck and pinched my nipples at the same time. I gasped and he moaned. He turned me around in his arms and just as he was about to capture my mouth, his phone starting ringing.
  "Shit," he whispered. Looking at me with a sad look. I laughed, I couldn't help it.
  "Go answer it." I told him. He kissed me quick and then went to get his phone.
  While he was gone, I went to the pantry and pulled out the pancake mix. I got everything out that I needed but before I could start, he walked back in.
  "Baby, I have to go." He told me.
  Feeling more then a little disappointed, I nodded my head and turned around. "I forgot we have a show tonight. We have sound check in an hour. I have to go get ready." He said walking towards me.
  I turned around, determined not to let him see. "Alright. I guess I will see you later." I said walking past him.
  "Cassie, baby, what's wrong?" He asked, following me upstairs.
  "Nothing. If you gotta go, then you gotta go." I told him. He grabbed my arm and spawn me around.
  "It's not like that. Being here with you, I just forgot." He said. "I want you to come though. I want to let the world know that I have my girl back." He said.
  "We don't even know what we are. It was one night, Ronnie. We need to talk about it." I told him.
  "What's to talk about? I love you, you love me. We made love 4 times last night. I believe it's safe to say that we are together." He told me.
  I freed my arm from his grasp and walked into my room. "I just want to be sure." I told him. "I'm scared, alright?"
  "Of what?" He asked.
  "Of you. Of my feelings for you and how quickly they came back. I don't want to rush back into anything." I told him.
  Pinching the bridge of his nose between his fingers, I could tell he was getting irrated. "Cassie. I'm not going anywhere, ok. I made a horrible mistake when I left you, I will not make that mistake again." He said.
  I just stared at him. I wanted to be with him, but I didn't know if I could trust what he was saying. I couldn't go through the hurt again if he did leave. But I couldn't go through the hurt of not being with him because I was scared.
  I walked over to him and hugged him. Feeling him wrap his arms around me, I smiled. "Alright." I told him. "I will be there. And you can tell  the world you got your girl back." He smiled his gorgeous smile and leaned down to kiss me. It was really starting to get heated, all hands and tonges, and his phone starting ringing again.
  "Fuck... I have to go." He said. He kissed me once more, and turned to leave.
  "Ronnie. Aren't you forgetting something?" I asked.
  He turned around and gave me a puzzled look. Slowly, I reached down and started pulling his shirt up and over my head. Standing there in only my panties, I handed him his shirt.
  "You play dirty," he said, looking me up and down. "Very dirty, Ms. Hanisko." Grabbing his shirt, he put it on and left.