Chapter Thrity-Seven

My head snapped up, I could have sworn I heard Ronnie's voice. "Sir!" Someone yelled. "You can't go in there!" I heard.

"The hell I can't! My girlfriend's in there having my baby, I'm going in!" I heard Ronnie say. I instantly started crying, I was so happy he was finally here. Then suddenly the door burst open and he walked in. "Cassie!" He said walking over to me. Osma got up and left the room, giving the task over to Ronnie. He cradled my face in his hands and kissed my forehead. He looked at Shelly. "Is she ok?" He asked her.

"She will be. I'll explain evertrying to you, but we need to do this epidural." She told him. He nodded his head and sat down in front of me, holding my hands.

Once they were done, I laid back down and Ronnie went to go talk to Shelly. I was feeling better, the medicine was working wonders, but I could still feel them and they were getting a lot stronger. Raquel and Osma were sitting with me, talking about the baby. How they were going to be an Aunt and Uncle. They were so excited. I just wanted him here, I just wanted to make sure that he was alright.

The door opened and Ronnie walked back in. He walked over and sat down next to me. "How are you feeling, baby?" He asked me.

"I'm alright. I'm so glad you made it. I couldn't imagine doing this without you." I told him. He leaned down and kissed me.

"Me too. I thought the worst. I knew I shouldn't have left you." He told me.

"All that matters, is that you're here now." I told him.

He looked at Osma. "Didnt mean to run you out of the room like that." He told him, with a smile.

"Hey, no worries man. To be honest, it scared me to death. I was relieved when you burst through the door. Besides, I'm sure Cass wanted you there more." He told him. Ronnie looked at me and smiled.

"Were they mad at you for leaving?" I asked him.

"No, baby. The guys are taking a later flight. And even if they were, fuck em. I wasn't go to miss this." He said. I smiled at him and took a hold of his hand.

"Ronnie, I really don't feel well." I told him. I felt like I was going to get sick and like I needed to go to the bathroom. I took the blankets off with Ronnie's help and saw the blood on the sheets. Everyone started yelling and I just looked at Ronnie. I couldn't make out what they were saying, it was like they far away.

I saw Ronnie leaning over me and then someone was pushing him away and moving the bed. I started screaming for Ronnie, but they wouldn't let him near me. Then they were wheeling me away
I didn't remember much after that.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

I woke up in a different room and looked around. Ronnie wasn't there. I pulled the sheets back and realized that I was no longer pregnant. Just as I was starting to freak out, Shelly walked in.

"Cassie, you're awake." She said.

"What happened? Where's my baby?" I asked her.

"He's fine, Cassie. He's in the nursery. They are checking him over, running some tests. I thought we might lose you there. You lost a lot of blood." She told me. "I know Ronnie is dying to come see you, so let me let him know you're awake." She told me.

"Can I see my baby?" I asked her.

"Let me get Ronnie and then I will bring in the baby." She told me smiling. She walked out and I relaxed. I let my eyes close, I was exhausted. I heard the door slowly open and opened my eyes.

"Cassie." He said as he rushed over to the bed. He sat on the edge of the bed checking me over. "Thank God." He said as he leaned down and kissed me. "I thought I lost you." He said. Before I could say anything the door opened and Shelly had my baby in her arms.

She walked over and handed him to me and I instantly fell in love. I didn't even realize I was crying until I looked at Ronnie and he wiped my tears away.

"Look what we did, Ronnie." I said smiling. He put his hand on little Joey's head and ran his thumb back and forth.

"I know baby. He's beautiful." He said leaning over and kissing me again. I leaned down and lightly kissed his head, I closed my eyes and thanked God that he was fine. I gently handed him to Ronnie and he got up and walked around the room with him. He turned to look at me and smiled his gorgeous smile.

The door burst open and everyone piled in wanting to see the baby and fighting over who got to hold him next. I was trying not to laugh because it hurt my stomach. Ronnie walked over and sat next to me on the bed. He leaned down and whispered, "Thank you for my son, baby." I smiled up at him and gently kissed his lips.