Chapter Thirty-Six

Ronnie left the next morning. As usual it was hard to watch him go. I was nervous about being so far along and him not being here, and I was sad cause tomorrow is his 33rd birthday. I told him we would celebrate when he got home. I was planning a party at the house with friends as long as I haven't had the baby yet.

I convinced Ronnie that I was able to stay by myself. He wanted someone to stay with me, but I haven't been bleeding at all and I felt great. I didn't see the need. I wasn't on complete bed rest anymore and I wasn't planning on doing much of anything. Raquel and Osma were planning on coming over later to watch movies and hang out. And Ronnie should be calling soon.

The doorbell rang and I heard the front door open. I looked and saw Raquel walking through the door. I smiled at her and went to get up, which has become a hard task without help. "Omg Cassie, you look so adorable." Raquel told me.

"No I don't. I'm so ready to have this baby, you have no idea." I told her. I went to grab some of her bags and she slapped my hands. "What was that for?" I asked her.

"You don't need to be lifting that stuff. I'm not about to have your boyfriend pissed off at me again." She told me. I rolled my eyes and walked away. Osma finally showed up and we went out on the patio, sat in the sun, and just enjoyed spending time together. Just the 3 of us, like it use to be.

Around 8, we decided to watch some movie. I honestly don't know what it was, I was so tired all of a sudden. I got up and went to the bathroom. I noticed some bleeding and it scared me.

"Raquel." I said trying to stay calm.

She walked to the door and knocked. I opened the door. "What's wrong?" She asked.

I started crying. "We to go the hospital. I'm bleeding again." I told her.

"Osma, call Ronnie. We're going to the hospital. Cassie is bleeding again." We walked to the car and were on our way there.

Once we got there, they immediately took me to a room and called my doctor. I sat there for what felt like years. Osma tried calling Ronnie, but he didn't answer. He was probably on stage by now. I just wished he would call. I wouldn't be so scared of he was here.

"I tried again, Cass. Still no answer." Osma told me. I nodded my head and closed my eyes.

The door opened and Shelly walked in. "Cassie, you're bleeding again." She said. I nodded. "Ok let's see what's going on." She started her exam, ultrasound, blood work, the whole nine yards. When she was done, she told me it would be a little while before the results came back and I should get some rest. I couldn't though. I was so worried.

Osma's phone starred ringing. "Ronnie. No she's fine right now. She was bleeding again so we brought her here." He told Ronnie. He paused listening to Ronnie. "They just did some tests, we won't know anything yet. If you want you could just stay there and I will call you when we know." He paused again. "I understand, I will tell her and you know she loves you too." He said. I smiled. He hung up and looked at me. "He's at the airport, he's flying home. He'll be here in a couple hours." He told me. I nodded my head, feeling better that he was on his way here.

Shelly came back in a little while later and sat down. "Ok, so your placenta is taring away from your uterus, which is causing the bleeding. So, we have two options: 1) we send you home and you go on complete bed rest again for the duration of the time or 2) we go ahead and start inducing labor and you have this baby tonight or tomorrow." She said.

"Umm, what happens if we wait and I'm bleeding again?" I asked her.

"If we don't stop the bleeding, it will put you and your baby at risk and we will have to do a c-section." She told me. I looked at Osma and Raquel not sure what I should do. "I don't want to sway  your decision, but it would be in your best interest to go ahead and induce." Shelly told me.

"Ok." I told her. "Go ahead." She nodded her head and smiled.

"Let me go get everything started." She said. She got up and walked out.

"Can you please call Ronnie again and find out where he's at. I need him here." I told Osma. He nodded and left. He didn't go with the guys this time cause Ronnie asked him to keep an eye on me. I was very nervous, I'm 3 weeks early; anything could happen. Osma walked back in. "He  didn't answer, Cass. But I called Ryan and he said Ronnie made it on the plane."

I closed my eyes and smiled. He had to get here. I couldn't do this without him. Shelly and the nurse came back in. She added another medicine to my IV and told me that this will start labor. She told me to get as much rest as possible, cause soon I wouldn't be able to. She also told me that when the pain gets unbearable, we could do an epidural if that's what I wanted.

A couple of hours went by and still no Ronnie. I was starting to have contractions and they were pretty strong but not too bad right now. We were talking and I was in and out of sleep. I would rest in between them.

Shelly came in every now again to check me over, make sure I wasn't bleeding. It seemed like now it was under control. I couldn't believe that in a few hours, our baby boy would finally be here. I thought he would never make it, with what happened. I am the happiest woman in the world, well I would be if Ronnie were here.  "Osma, have you heard anything?" I asked him.

"No honey. I keep trying to call him, there's no answer." He told me.

"I hope-" I couldn't finish. I put a hand on my stomach and I shut my eyes tightly. This contraction was really bad. The worst one yet. Once it was over I looked at Raquel.

"You alright, Cassie?" She asked holding my hand.

"Yeah, it was just bad." I told her.

Shelly walked back into check on me again. She said I was at about 5 centimeters, so we have a little ways to go. Once you're at 10, your good to go. She looked at the chart of my contractions and noticed they were getting worse and closer together. "I think it's about time we did the epidural now, Cassie, if you want one." She told me.

"Ok, let's do it." I told her. She told me she was going to order it and she would be back. I started to freak out a little, I mean their shoving this needle in my spine. Who wouldn't be scared?

Shelly came back in with another doctor. "This is Scott, he will be preforming your epidural. Now you can have one person stay with you, but only one." I looked at them and wished Ronnie was here.

"Osma," I looked and him and he nodded. 

"Raquel," Shelly said. "You can stay right outside the door. It won't be too long." Raquel nodded and smiled at me, turning she left the room. "Ok, Cassie. You're going to need to sit up and dangle your legs off the side of the bed facing Osma." She told me. I did what she told me. "Scott is going to loosen your gown and expose your back so he can find the right spot. I'll let you know before he starts." I nodded my head. I felt like I was going to start panicking at any moment.

"Ok Cassie. I need you to touch your chin to your chest and stay that way till he's done. " She told me. I breathed in deeply and did what she told me. Then there was a commotion out in the hall.