Chapter One

I had just gotten home from work, threw my dance bag on the floor and headed to the kitchen to get something to drink. As I entered the kitchen, my cell phone starts ringing. Rolling my eyes, I walked over to my bag to get my phone. I just didn't want to talk to anyone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Cass, it's Osma. What are you doing?" he asks.

"I just got home from work. Just walked in the door. What's up?" I asked.

Osma is one of my oldest friends. We have been friends practically since we were born, I don't ever remember not knowing him.

"You work too much!" he says, like he always does.

"Yeah, yeah... so you say all the time." I said, smiling to myself.

"Anyways, I'm having a get together with a few friends tonight, and I really want you to be there. I just took that new job, remember, for that band. It would mean the world to me if you were here." he explained.

"I know, and I'm so proud of you. I'm just really exhausted." I told him.

"I know you are, honey, but you're off tomorrow. You haven't really been out since.....him."

"Osma, I don't want to talk about him alright. I just want to take a bath and go to bed." I told him, sighing.

"Cassie," here we go, I thought. "Look, I know that it's hard to...."

"Osma, I don't want to talk about it alright. He left, without a word, only a letter. I'm trying my hardest here alright? What more do you want me to do?" I asked, walking around the kitchen.

"I want you to come over here and have a good time tonight." he stated. "Did you ever call him back?"

"Why the fuck would I do that? All of sudden, after 8 months he finally wants to talk, to explain himself. I don't think so. I deserved better then that!" I yelled.

"Well Cassie, he did think he was...."

"Don't you dare defend him," I interrupted him. "Especially not to me!"

"Ok, ok. I'm sorry, I really am. Just please come tonight, please?" he begged.

Closing my eyes, I leaned my head against the wall. "Fine. One hour. I will be there shortly." I said hanging up.

I couldn't believe Osma. Trying to defend the man that literally broke my heart in two. A man that I had given my all to for 3 years, who I stood beside no matter what people said about him.

I grabbed a soda out the fridge and headed upstairs to take a quick shower. The faster I get there, the faster I can leave.

Once I'm out, I dress in a simple white flowy, strapless dress. I dry my long blond hair and decided to leave it down. I'm a dancer so it is forever in a ponytail. I apply some eyeliner and mascara and decide that's good enough. On the way out the door, I grabbed my black leather jacket.

Once I pull up to the house, I notice a couple cars already there. I put the car in park and really think about just turning around and going home. However, I waited too long and one of our friends, Raquel, noticed me there. She started walking to my car, so I got out and smiled at her.

"Hey girl." I said to her, reaching in my jacket pocket for a cigerette and a lighter.

"Hey, bitch." She says, and we both laugh.

I lite my cigarette and took a long drag from it.

"When did you start smoking again? I thought you quit a while ago." She said, lighting one herself.

"I did. He didn't like it, so I quit. But I was stressed and got a pack, and here I am..." I told her.

We finished our cigerette and headed up to the house.

"So, did Osma tell you what band he is working for now?" She asked, looking at me worried

"No, but I didn't ask either. Why? Is there an issue?" I asked.

"No, no issue. Just surprised to see you here is all. Let's go inside." she said.

Before I could ask another question, she had the door open and was leading us inside. I followed behind her.

As soon as I had the door closed behind me I heard it. His laugh, his gorgeous, beautiful laugh, and I froze. I couldn't move. I was taken back to an easier time, to a time when I would have given anything to hear him laugh that way. I wanted to cry, I wanted to run, but I couldn't do either. Just as I was going to turn around and get the hell out of there, I heard a very familiar voice.

"Cassie!! Oh my gosh, Cassie!!" I look over and see Ryan making his way over to me. More like running my way.

"Ry,...hi." I said laughing as he picked me up swinging me around like a rag doll.

"Man, I have missed you!" he said, finally putting me down.

"I missed you too. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Osma, he's our new tour manager. Didn't he tell you? Ronnie had to have him. He's the best you know." He stated.

"No, he didn't tell me. But you're right." I said. Boy, was Osma in for it when I saw him.

"Yeah, we know." Said Derek walking up behind Ryan. "Hey, sweetheart. We all miss you. Especially Ronnie." he stated, wrapping me up in a hug.

"Derek, don't." I tell him.

Christian and Zakk made their way over and made small talk and told me how much they miss me being around and keeping Ronnie in check, giving me hugs. I needed to escape, right now, before I saw him. Before I saw his beautiful face and eyes, hear his perfect voice.

Just as I was trying to say goodbye and trying to turn to leave, he turned the corner and started walking my way.

"You wouldn't leave without saying 'Hello', would you Cassie?"

Ronnie.