Chapter Two

I stood there looking at him in disbelief. I couldn't believe that after all this time he would talk to me like we were long lost friends and nothing else.

I turn my head and look at Ryan. "Have you seen Osma? I need to talk to him." I asked Ryan.

But instead of Ryan answering me, Ronnie did.
"He was just outside on the patio." he said.

I looked at him, nodded, and walked to the back door not saying a word.

This is why Osma was asking if I ever called Ronnie back, this was the reason he was defending him. Cause he's working for him now. I walked outside and ran right into Osma.

"Thanks for the heads up that he's here. Thanks for letting me know that now you're working for him. I thought we were friends? I thought, after everything we have been through, that you, of all people, would have my back!!!" I told him.

"Cassie. I do have you're back. I couldn't tell you cause I knew you wouldn't come, I -"

"You're damn right I wouldn't be here. I can't believe you." I said throwing my hands up.

"I asked him too." I turned around and there was Ronnie, only inches away from me.

"Why?" I demanded.

"I wanted to see you. You wouldn't call me back, I had to see you." He said.

I shook my head, not believing what he was telling me. "I didn't call you back because I had nothing to say to you. I didn't want to talk to you, so why would you think it would be any better seeing me here?" I hissed.

"Look, can we go talk somewhere, please? Alone?" he asked.

"No," I told him matter of factly. "Just say what you need to say so I can get the hell out of here." I yelled.

He ran his hands through his thick black hair. Looking back at me he said," I'm sorry. For everything I did. For the way I left. I miss you, Cassie. So much." he said reaching for me.

I stepped back out of his reach. "Don't." I told him. "I don't know what you're game is, but I'm not playing. I have been there before and I know what happens. I'm not doing it again. Leave me alone." I told him.

Almost in tears, I tried walking past him, but he grabbed my arm and flipped me around to look at him.
"Cassie, please." He begged. "I....I still love you." He said. My arm was on fire from his touch.

"Let me go." I whispered. "I don't want to hear this. You don't leave the people you love, Ronnie. You don't break their hearts for no reason." I tried pulling my arm for his grasp, but he was too strong.

"I made a mistake. A terrible one." He said.

"Please let me go!" Realizing I was on the verge of tears, he finally let me go.

I all but ran out of that house, with everyone calling my name. I was suffocating. I couldn't stay. I wanted to believe everything he was saying. But he hurt me so much.

"Cassie!!!" I heard Osma calling from behind me. "Wait, please!!"

I turned around and saw him running down the driveway towards me. "What? Do you have anymore surprises in store for me tonight?" I say, wiping the tears off my face.

"No. I'm so sorry. He asked me to get you here so he could talk to you. You guys need to talk. You need to tell him about the-" he said, but I cut him off when I saw Ronnie standing in the doorway.

"Don't even talk about that. He made his choice... I don't owe him anything." I told Osma while I was staring at Ronnie.

"Cassie....it's not healthy to keep it bottled up. And he has a right to know." He told me.

My head snapped around to look him in the eyes. "He doesn't have a right to anything any more. I... I can't believe that you're on his side." I whispered with more tears falling. "I don't understand what's happening. I don't understand why you're doing this. I don't understand why he's saying what he's saying." I told him looking back to Ronnie. I noticed that he had moved closer to where Osma and I were standing.

"I'm doing this because you're my best friend and you have been miserable since he left." He snapped.

"I have to go." I told him.

"Fine. I will call you tomorrow." He said walking away.

I turned around trying to open my car door when I realized that it was locked. Fuck....my jacket is in the house and my keys are in the pocket. I didn't even remember taking it off. Without looking at Ronnie, I started walking back to the house to get it.

"Here. I have you jacket." He said quietly.

I turned around and walked back to him. Standing in front of him, he handed me my jacket. I took it and put it on. "Thanks" I told him.

"Cassie..." he whispered. And before I could even move, his hands were cradling my face and his lips were touching mine.