"Everything okay?" I asked him. Nathan didn't say anything so I got onto the bed and crossed my legs, waiting for an answer.

He started looking for clothes as he spoke. "Yeah." he said but then changed his mind. "No, I actually need to go. It's a work emergency."

"Oh, then I should probably head home." I said, ready to get off the bed and get dressed.

"No." Nathan said quickly. He started getting dressed. "I'll be back in an hour or two and I still wanna see you later."

"Are you sure?" I asked. He nodded. I was impressed with how fast he getting dressed.

"Yes, I'm sure. I just need to sort something out real quick. While I'm away you can go to the spa downstairs if you want to, just charge everything to my room." he offered. I nodded.

By the time our interaction was done, Nathan was all dressed in a dark brown suit, looking dapper and determined. He slipped a watch onto his wrist and then put his phone in his pant pocket.

"Come here." he said to me. I shuffled off of the bed and stood in front of him. He kissed me, a soft kiss that I wasn't expecting. "I'll see you later?"

I nodded.

Nathan left the hotel suite and I suddenly felt awkward. It was weird to be in his suite without him and after about 30 minutes of lone awkwardness I decided to take up Nathan's offer to go to the spa.

I'd always wanted to have a mud bath but never had the time or energy but now was my chance. I made sure to remember Nathan's room number for the spa payment and although the process was simple, the woman at the counter made it difficult.

"So you want me to charge it to room 17G?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Yes."

"Nathan Foster's room?" she asked. I nodded. She pursed he lips tightly before looking down at the computer and typing something. "There's a slot for ten minutes from now. You can sit there." she pointed to the plump white couches opposite her counter.

Time passed by quickly and before I knew it I was sinking into a tub filled with probably the smoothest mud ever. The thick substance was lukewarm and felt unbelievable against my skin. My hair was up in a bun and my arms didn't make it into the mud because I kept them outside the tub.

I closed my eyes and listened to soft instrumental music that was playing through the speakers in the room.

I wasn't the only one enjoying the mudding experience because there were a couple other tubs in the room, all of them occupied by people looking to relax a bit.

I hadn't been in the mud for 10 minutes when my phone vibrated next to me. I sighed and decided to ignore it the first time. Almost immediately after it stopped ringing it started again.

"Hello?" I answered without looking at the Caller ID.

"Dr Clarke, we have a crisis on our hands." I recognised the voice as one of the charge nurses from the hospital.

"It's not a crisis unless it's life or death."

"It's life or death." she snapped. "One of the patients you treated, Anna Markham, destabilised last night and we've been fighting to keep her stable since then. She won't let anyone operate on her without your say so."

I remembered Anna, she was the stabbing victim.

"Get her on the phone." I said to the nurse.

"She wants to see you in person, we need you down here." I sighed.