28

We drove in silence. I was in the back, binding up my hand and holding back tears. Poor Jimmy. Suddenly Sam and Dean started fighting over the demon blood thing. Well Sam tried to fight and Dean was just blank. I listened boredly, glad something as normal as my brothers fighting still existed. I sighed as Dean fell silent. My phone rang. I answered it hoarsely.

“Go for Angela.”

“Girl, I told you never t say that to me again.” Dad said. I smiled at his voice letting out a shaky breath. “Ange? What’s the matter?” He said.

“Nothing daddy. Long day. Night. Hunt. Thing. What?” I said moping.

“Grab your brothers and shag ass over here.” He said.

“How come?” I asked for the sake of hearing his voice.

“Apocalypse sweetie. It’s here. Now move.” He said  gruffly. I nodded and hung up. I leaned between the seats.

“Go to Dad’s. Apocalypse time. I’ll meet you there.” I said checking my wings for flight.

“Whoa, whoa. Where are you going?” Dean said looking at me wildly.

“The whole world is about to break into hell on earth. No way am I leaving my jag out here. Meet you back home.” I said and slid out the window, letting the drag wing rip me from the car.  Soared up and raced with Momo, the feather making me arrive back at the hotel in 20 minutes. I grabbed my stuff and shoved them in my car. I stood in the bathroom braiding my hair when I felt him. I sighed and turned around. There was Castiel.

“Hi Jimmy. Oh wait!” I said cheerily and then glared at him. Castiel didn’t move.

“You were there, you saw him ask me for this.” He said in a deadpan. Note even his eyes moved. I snorted and shoved my spare jacket in the bag. I talked while I packed.

“He compared it to being strapped to a comet. He was miserable. Go easy on him. And he was starving. He ate like a million hamburgers. And fries. And two things of soda. Eat for him. And he was exhausted. I know you don’t get tired, but just sleep a bit please? He’s still in there, and he can feel things. Be gentle with him.” I said as I slung my bag over my shoulder. I had removed my wings and made my way to the door. He didn’t make a move to follow so I turned off the light and closed the door. I slipped into my car and Momo landed beside me. He looked upset and his emotions showed pain and guilt. I scratched him fondly and my hand came away covered in pink glitter. Crap my meds. My car was full of wild things and Wild Things and I dug through the glove box for my pills. Empty. Shit.

I got to dad’s a day later.  Was giggling like a fool and stumbling around as I climbed up the porch. I knocked on the door like a little kid, my bags in my hands. Dean opened the door and looked at me in surprise. I giggled again and staggered into the room.

“Honey! I’m hoooooooome!” I yelled into the house. Dad came in and glanced at me. He grabbed a bottle of the side tabled and shook a pile of pills into his hand. I took them and ate them easily, passing out after the customary good and evil light. I woke up with a pounding headache and I sighed as Dean helped me up. I saw dad and ran to him, sobbing uncontrollably. I was torn apart and I was losing my mind again. I hadn’t told anyone, but the pills didn’t help all that much. It took off the edge, but everything was always warped and strange.

“Where’s Sam?” I asked groggily. Dean and dad exchanged looks. I sighed. “Let me guess. Detox in the panic room?” I said. They nodded and I shrugged. I’ll be in my room sleeping for the first time in four days. Do not disturb unless you have a death wish.” I said and slumped upstairs. I collapsed on my bed fully clothed and a wreck. I slipped into a dreamless sleep.