21

I stumbled into the room and fell on the floor. Momo flew in after me and jabbed the door with his beak and talons until it closed. I crawled so I was set up against the bed. Momo flew out the window and I yelled after him furiously. Snow white and Cinderella were crying in the corner being wimpy about my huge bleeding gash and Mulan was trying to fix it but couldn’t touch me. I had already lost too much blood and everyone was getting fuzzy. I felt a pair of talons land on my arm and squeeze. Momo. I saw the blurry white of sunlight, which was weird since it was night time and felt a soft hand on my face. I sighed as the pain all left my body and I fell into darkness.

I woke up in my bed wearing a tank top, backwards, and a pair of shorts, inside out. I pushed myself up and reach to my stomach were my wound had been. The vampire had gutted me good as it bled out, but I didn’t understand how I now had nothing not even a scar. I sat up and groaned rubbing my head. My feather was missing. I looked around wildly and saw it on the bed side table. I snatched it up and held it tight over my heart. I rubbed at my eyes and felt the tears there.

I stood up and stretched. I stepped into the shower and cleaned my hair. It is intensely long and I love it too much to cut it. I stepped out and braided it into two long pigtails and wrapped them up on my head, pinning them into place and tucking the feather into place over my ear like a Peter Pan hat. I pulled on my big black slouch shirt and my jean shorts. I yanked on my combat boots and shoved my crap in my bags. I walked out of my room and shoving them in the trunk.  I whistled and Momo came soaring down from the roof and landed on my extended arm. I slid into the front seat and pressed play on my stereo. I pulled out of the parking lot as Jefferson Airplane came on. I tapped the steering wheel to the beat.

One pill makes you taller,

And one pill makes you small.

And the ones that mother gives you

Don’t do anything at all.

Go ask Alice,

When she’s ten feet tall.

I noticed Alice and the White Rabbit in the back seat singing along. I rolled my eyes and pulled over popping the pills and taking off again. I sang to ‘White Rabbit’ a good five times since I had gotten some music for traveling. Dean knew music but needed to update his cassette collection. Bad. My phone rang and I answered it as the dormouse warned me about my head for the sixth tme.

“Go for Angela.” I said chirpily.

“Pull over.” Said a deep voice. I froze.

“Who is this?” I said darkly.

“Angelica please, just pull over and stop driving.” Said the voice. I stopped and swallowed. No one called me Angelica except the boys when they wanted me to pay attention. I pulled onto a side space by a bridge and parked.

“Who is this?” I asked again. I could hear someone breathing on the other end. Then a muffled voice.

“Dude did you hang up? Man, I need to teach you how to do this stuff.” That was Sam. Which meant it was Cas. I rolled my eyes and waited. I didn’t know what for, but I am glad I did.

CASTIEL

Sam turned off the cellular phone and shook his head at me. I remained calm and looked out the window.

“Man, how did you even know she would be headed for the bridge?” Dean asked me as he finished his work. I stayed silent looking at my hand. She had held that hand not a month ago. Dean saw me and patted my back. “Keeping tabs on your girl there man?” He said it like a joke, but I tensed up anyway.

“Angelica is not my ‘girl’.” I said simply. Dean rolled his eyes. I’m not sure why, and walked away. I followed him and we stepped into his car. I missed her, I realized as I shifted uncomfortably in the back seat. I never rode in this car unless she was right next to me. She wasn’t and I felt strange. I subdued the emotion and we drove away.

ANGELICA

I sat in annoyance until I grew tired of waiting, just as I started up the car the bridge was suddenly swept away in the flow of the river. I stared as the wreckage flowed down stream. I was the only person around and no one else had seen it. How did that happen? And how did Castiel know I would be here.

“HE LIKES YOU DUH!” said a voice behind me. I looked around and Bride me was sitting with Alice and the Hatter having tea. She winked at me from behind her veil and I frowned, popping some pills and turning around. I drove out of town and went to a town where a cupid was making married couples cheat with each other. It was a scandal and had to be stopped.