20

I pulled back at the same time Castiel did. We stared at each other. He looked suddenly pale and worried. I felt the same but could feel the heat in my cheeks. We both sat panting for a few seconds. Then my sharp brain threw up it’s defenses and my head started clicking bits together.

“And that is a kiss Castiel.” I said looking at him intently hoping he would catch the memo. He did.

“Thank you for showing me. Sorry if I inconvenienced you.” He said formally standing up I stayed seated.

“Thank you for the coat. I was a bit cold there for a while.” I said handing him the trench. HE nodded takingit from me graciously. He slipped it on and looked at me. Something passed in his eyes.

“This was a mistake Angelica.” He said and dissaperaed. The moment he was gone the walls went down and the tears came. I sat crying in the morning air for what felt like forever. Momo suddenly landed next to me and picked at my t-shirt. I looked up, my face covered in tears. The boys and Dad were at the bottom o the stack of cars I was on. I climbed down and grabbed onto dad, crying endlessly into his shoulder.

“Oh dad being in love sucks.” I whimpered pitifully. He held onto me and Sam patted my shoulder. Dean was steering clear of this one, and with good reason. He isn’t exactly the squishy type. We all went inside and had frozen pizza and soda for lunch. I took like nine pills. I was tripping hard and after all the stress I needed some defense. That night we were all sitting playing poker when I told dad what I had decided during my cry in the pickup bed.

“Dad. When the boys leave I’m going with them. I need to get back out there and they are the best hunters I know beside you. You don’t need me slowing you down and they can protect me plenty well. I’ll go with them and stick around for a few hunts then I’ll branch off and deal with some on my own. We lost a lot of hunters in the explosion at The Roadhouse and we need to make up for that.” I said calmly raising the boys 200. Oddly enough Dad didn’t fight me on it. Say what you want but Bobby singer knows what’s what.

The next morning I had my duffle packed with pants, shirts and boots and a small bag of my favorite jewelry. I decided to leave my imp with dad in a special box he had whipped up the previous day. I stared at my reflection, a wild looking girl with a falcon on my shoulder, a knife in my combat boot and wings in my bag. The feather made me look like a crazy Indian chieftainess. I grinned at the thought and clumped downstairs to the boys. My car was waiting out front and I knew I would have to ‘hunter-ize’ it eventually. I tossed my stuff and some of my gear in the back under the false bottom and climbed in with Momo sitting in the passenger seat looking very uncomfortable.

I hugged dad goodbye and revved up my car.  Grinned like the maniac I was and I followed the boys’ impala. We got out to the highway and I pressed the radio button.

Hey! Hey! You! You!

I could be your girlfriend.

Hey! Hey! You! You!

I know that you like me

No way! No way!

I know it’s not a secret

Hey! Hey! You! You!

I want to be your girlfriend!

I slammed on the change button, frowning at my radio.

You can run into my arms

It’s OK don’t be alarmed

Come here to me

There’s no distance in between our love

I punched the button again, my anger at life bulding

Hey there Delilah

I’ve got so much left to say

If every simple song I wrote to you

Would take your breath away

I’d write it all

Even more in love with me you’d fall

We’d have it all.

I slammed my fist on the power button and cursed at the radio for playing every single fucking love song they had. It was silent for a while and then I turned the radio back on.

The smell of skin lingers on me now

I screamed in frustration and slammed on the scanner.

Ha, ha, ha!

Pump it

Ha, ha, ha!

And pump it, louder!

I sighed and drove to that station all morning. We stopped at a diner around lunch and we slid into a booth. I sighed and settled into the soft cushions. Sam explained what our plan was and Dean asked how I was doing. I looked at him with a serious face.

“Dude, the radio sucks. You have got to loan me some of your cassettes.” I said. Deana and I high fived for classic rock and Sam face palmed. We did this for a few hunts, then one day I just woke up and told the boys I was heading out. They hugged me goodbye and I got in the front seat. I looked at Momo, who was still asleep on the little bar I had installed for him and grinned rubbing his neck

“Just you and me buddy. Let’s hunt some orc.” I said in a splendid impression of Aragorn. I revved the engine and took off like a gun. That was the last I saw of the Winchesters for a long time.