14

After about a month cleaning up after him I had restocked his house with beer, whiskey, water and food and snapped his head back into place. He could take care of himself now and was actually planning to go on a hunt. I said god bye and went to New York where a vampire nest was supposedly hidden in the underground. I had been covering dad’s hunts while he recovered and I was itching to do some more. I found the nest easily, and was in the middle of dealing with the last two when my phone rang. After last time, I always picked up my phone.

“HOLD ON!” I shouted, making the two vamps stop. “Time out. I need to take this. Last time my mother died, and all I got was a voice mail. Give me a minute and we’ll continue this.” I said sternly. The vamps shrugged and stood there catching their breath. I answered the phone, “Go for Angela.” I said casually.

“What? You know what, never mind. Look, dean and I found a haunting, and we need your expertise. This may be right up your ally. Can you be here by tomorrow?” Sam said in his sweet voice. I looked at the two vamps. They looked exhausted and were bleeding from several wounds. I gnawed at my lip.

“Yeah sure. I’ll either show up, or I’ll be New York’s newest Vampire. Catch you on the flip side Sam.” I said casually. I stuffed the phone in my pocket and smiled at the vamps. “Now, where were we?”

I flew over to the place Sam had texted me and met the boy outside a comic book store. I slipped off my wings and Sam turned to me.

“Okay, we’re going in to ask this guy a few questions. You got talk to the neighbor. We’ll meet up at the diner across the road in half an hour.” He said. I nodded and walked up the street. I knocked on the door and an old lad opened it. I smiled and hid my retch. Her house stank to high heaven.

“Hi! I’m Amy and I’m performing a survey on this part of town for my classes. We’re studying how the world is affected by people, and my part in the group was how people affect each other. Could I ask you a few questions about your neighbors?” I lied smoothly. She smiled and let me in. I spent the next half hour listening to her talk about how loud the music is in her neighbor’s house. No flickering lights, no clod spots, nothing supernatural. Just noisy neighbors. I nodded and left after two cups of stale tea and hard cookies. I met the boys at the diner and they looked spooked. I sat down in the seat across from them and stretched hugely.

“Well, I’ve got squat. That lady was a dead end. How was the comic book store?” I said in a bored voice. Sam slid a book across to me. I raised an eye and looked at the cover. A bad illustration of two man and a shack on it. One was shirtless with long streaming hair and the other had on a revealing wife beater.  Looked them both dead in the eye. “I like books. I do. But if you want me to ready this smutty romance novel you have a beating coming.” I growled. Sam slid another book to me, back up. It was the blurb and I looked at it critically.

Dean, Sam and Ruby have found Lilith at last! Now is their chance to send her back to hell, but with the hell hound in Dean’s ear, can they get through it all with Dean still alive? Or will he be sent to hell as payment for Sam’s life? Read and find out in this exciting installment of SUPERNATURAL!

I looked at the boys. “You have got to be joking.” I said flipping to the last page. I read it and looked at Dean. He was pale and shaking.

“Everything, everything, is true. All of it. We need to figure this out and fast! He said in a shaking voice. I nodded and we all drove to a motel. Dean read through some of the books while Sam did his research thing. I flipped through a few, looking for mentions of my father. Everything sounded exactly like him. I grinned at how he treated the boys. I decide to go for a walk and let the room. I walked to a corner store and looked through the ice cream fridge, wanting chocolate, but leaning towards strawberry. I heard the door open and felt him. I turned around as Castiel weaved his way through the racks to my side. He looked down at me and I looked back at him. My stomach lurched and I felt a twinge in my legs. I swallowed and put up my poker face.